Glock's new 22

I'm just baffled and disappointed.

A .22 cal Glock trainer makes perfect sense, and probably should have been a thing a decade or two ago.

But right now? I got excited about the 43/43x/48 and forgot that Glock isn't really about the American civilian market as much as agency sales.

Oh well. At least a plastic slide is, uh, innovative.

There was a time when Glock was an innovative company.
For any of the boomers not yet "in the know": for the past two days, the internet firearms community on Instagram and Facebook has been on FIRE with memes about how much Glock blew this one.
It would be pretty funny stuff, if it wasn't so damn true.
I have any idea..don't buy one if you don't like it..
Glock has become a running joke.
No 10mm, no PCC, no 5.7 pistol: absolutely nothing new, exciting, or "legendary."
But its Glock, still stuck in the mid 90's. I guess I'm not surprised.
"They 'blew'" it on a 22 pistol(?)..pretty big brush ya got there, but as I said, predictable..
'Stuck in the 90s', making a reliable, simple, not expensive firearm in just about every handgun caliber made, now 22LR also...not sure what else it's supposed to be..ooh, it's not 'pretty'..that's 'important'(not to me)...
Another Gluck
For any of the boomers not yet "in the know"

Yawn

Well, I guess it's time to sell all my Glocks, for this boomer, not 'in the know'...cuz ya know, the '22LR pistol' will certainly mean the death of Glock..In spite of record sales up until December 10th, 2019...oh well.

Glock could have introduced ANY gun of ANY caliber at ANY price and the responses would still be predictable..here...

From another forum..a GLOCK forum, where most responses are predictable also-like 'Glock needs a new CEO!"..forehead slap.
If Glock had come out with a full size gun or bigger, people would be whining about “Why would they come out with a large .22?!” Or “Why didn’t they come out with a Glock 19 size pistol?” If they came out with an entirely new design that didn’t mimic any of their guns, people would be crying about “Why would they come out with a gun that doesn’t help me train on my Glock 19?” Or they would say “Ruger and S&W own the .22 handgun market, why would Glock try to compete with them?!”.

If Glocks new gun had been a new 9mm or .45 Or 10mm or anything else they already make, people would be crying about that too! I’m tempted to say they cannot win but that isn’t true. They will sell a metric pant load of these, just as they did with the Glock 19X, a gun everyone said “Who asked for this?” Or “No one will buy this!”. Glock will win in the end. There is no gun in existence that everyone will want or desire. Well, except maybe the Hi Point Yeet Cannon.

Last edited:
I have any idea..don't by one if you don't like it..

They 'blew' it on a 22 pistol..pretty big brush ya got there, but as I said, predictable..

Yawn

Well, I guess it's time to sell all my Glocks, for this boomer, not 'in the know'...cuz ya know, the '22LR pistol' will certainly mean the death of Glock..In spite of record sales up until December 10th, 2019...oh well.

Glock could have introduced ANY gun of ANY caliber at ANY price and the responses would still be predictable..here...

From another forum..a GLOCK forum, where most responses are predictable also-like 'Glock needs a new CEO!"..forehead slap.
The responses you're seeing here are mirrored elsewhere too. I know you think this forum has an anti-Glock bias. It really doesn't from where I'm sitting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I think its pretty comical, all the bitching and complaints, and no one has even seen or shot one yet.

They must REALLY have the haters scared! :D

Yup, discussion group-discuss or not..:eek:
The responses you're seeing here are mirrored elsewhere too. I know you think this forum has an anti-Glock bias. It really doesn't from where I'm sitting.
Well, I guess that means Glock's CEO had better quit, and Glock had better go out of business...:rolleyes:
I guess we sit in different chairs.

I like my Glocks, they do what I want them to do, have no desire to buy or use anything else...and then get labeled a 'Glock fanboy', as if that's a 4 letter word..so what..not gonna sell anything...I still learn a lot from this forum, in spite of a 'perceived' bias ..:)

Last edited:
I think it would have been smarter to make a capable 15 capacity .22 glock and ship it with 10 round mags if need be.

Agreed.
As it is, at least for me, there is no reason for me to get rid of even my Ruger mark III and pick up the .22 Glock.

I certainly won't be getting rid of my Ruger Mark III. But that doesn't mean I won't consider adding this .22LR to my stable.

I like my Glocks, they do what I want them to do
Glocks do work. I liked my Glock 17 and 26, for the most part. They were ultra-reliable, I'll happily give them that.
But they took forever and a day to release the Glock 43, the embarrassing unveiling of this .22, Gen 3 finger grooves are "perfection"/Gen 5 no finger grooves are "perfection": these are symptoms of the real problem, which is more apparent with each new legendary press release.
Glocks are good pistols (for the most part), but they're made by a company that employs incompetent boobs.

You would think they would learn something from Taurus, and the 16+1 capacity of t he TX22.
I would not consider the Taurus TX22 a "proven" pistol by any stretch of imagination and it certainly has it's own problems with poor qulity control crappy barrels resulting in horrendous leading and accuracy and slide wear.

Maybe Ruger, Browning, CZ, Smith and Wesson, Walther, SIG, and now Glock are on to something sticking with straight single stack magazine for .22 pistols for reliability and durability reasons.

Judging from the angst expressed by the Glockophobes in this thread I think Glock has another winner.

Elliottsdad A 10 round trainer. For $400. What a "LEGENDARY" announcement. LOL.
Jesus, Glock has become a running joke.
No 10mm, no PCC, no 5.7 pistol: absolutely nothing new, exciting, or "legendary."
But its Glock, still stuck in the mid 90's. I guess I'm not surprised.
"LEGENDARY" because it's Glocks first rimfire pistol and first pistol not geared to self protection.

"Glock has become a running joke"....yup, all the way to the bank several times.

"5.7" It's dead Jim, it's dead.

"No 10mm".....uh, what?

Elliottsdad There was a time when Glock was an innovative company.
Really? When?:rolleyes:
Glock produced a reliable, simply designed, polymer pistol with large capacity magazine. None of which is truly innovative by itself. They have deviated little since the G17 was introduced.

On the other hand, SIG, Walther, S&W and others have been playing catch-up for decades trying to win market share back from Glock. Sig must have "innovated" five different plastic pistols that have little or no parts or magazine commonality between them. Same with S&W and CZ.

sigarms228 I believe the very highly regarded CZ Kadet pistol and kit both have 10 round magazine capacity also. CZ must have found a compelling reason to do that along with Ruger, Browning, SIG conversion kits, and others.

IMO Glock was smart using a 10 round magazine in that tens of millions of firearm owners now live in states with magazine capacity restrictions. Glock may or third party suppliers come out with higher capacity magazines in the future. If Glock leaves it to third party suppliers and problems happen it is not Glock's problem to deal with.
This.

these are symptoms of the real problem, which is more apparent with each new legendary press release.

Is the problem that Glock is selling too many guns, making too much money?
"Glock has become a running joke"....yup, all the way to the bank several times.

I guess...shrug...Glocks are reliable, accurate, not expensive...have a TON of aftermarket 'stuff' for them...come in almost every handgun caliber there is...
Fills all sorts of 'niches', from civilian IWB carry to full size LEO/military use.

Not sure what else it's supposed to do, be 'prettier'..now THAT'S important(my hammer is SO pretty!!)....except it's called 'Glock', so I guess it's a 'symptom of a REAL problem', called a "Glock". I guess..I donno...

Last edited:
I am not much for Glocks, so I don’t really care too much if they make a .22 or not. Lots of folks like Glocks and I am quite sure many will want this new pistol. But the rhetoric on this thread makes the whole Glock/no Glock thing absolutely hilarious! :D Is it a good trainer? Why only 10 round mags? :confused: On and on and on!

Anyone making fun of Glock's model names hasn't paid much attention to the lunacy, yes lunacy of S&W.

S&W Model 22 wasn't a .22LR or ,22mag......but a .45acp and I don't recall nightmares over that.

S&W has taken great delight in a confusing if not idiotic means of naming their products.
As in:
Model 38....the Bodyguard
Model 49...also the Bodyguard
Those I get, same gun, but one is steel, the other alloy framed.

And then, after decades of calling those two revolvers "The Bodyguard", S&W comes out with a semiauto .380 called....wait for it.....the Bodyguard.

S&W takes great delight in reusing "Chiefs Special" and Military & Police/M&P.

And then there's the models simply identified by number.:eek:

And S&W isn't alone:
Beretta? 92, 92F, 92S, 92D, 92G, 92FS and the list goes on. Then there's the animal names (Jaguar, Cheetah, Bobcat, etc) that don't have the animal name on the gun!
HK? I can't count the number if times I transferred an HK pistol to someone that wasn't misidentified in the GunBroker ad. Just the USP has around eight different variants.
Colt? Not too bad on handguns, but you could make a hobby out of cataloging the various model names of AR15.........essentially the same rifle would have its name changed just to slide through California's list of bad evil black guns.
As in "Colt Match Target Competition II "..........eventually Cali caught on to the name game and started banning by features as well.

In comparison to other firearm manufacturers, Glock model naming system is pretty darn simple.

I'm not getting all the crying about, "Why only 10 rounds?".... Really? All of the top selling .22 rimfire semi autos all hold 10 rounds.

All Ruger Mark I, II, III, IV pistols are 10 rounds.

All Browning Buckmark pistols are 10 rounds.

Smith & Wesson Model 41, (one of the finest .22's ever made), 10 rounds.

Browning Medalist, Nomad, and Challenger 10 Rounds.

All High Standard .22 semi's 10 rounds.

So now Glock comes out with a 10 round .22 pistol, and it's somehow a bust because it only holds 10 rounds? I don't get it?

I'm not getting all the crying about, "Why only 10 rounds?".... Really? All of the top selling .22 rimfire semi autos all hold 10 rounds.

All Ruger Mark I, II, III, IV pistols are 10 rounds.

All Browning Buckmark pistols are 10 rounds.

Smith & Wesson Model 41, (one of the finest .22's ever made), 10 rounds.

Browning Medalist, Nomad, and Challenger 10 Rounds.

All High Standard .22 semi's 10 rounds.

So now Glock comes out with a 10 round .22 pistol, and it's somehow a bust because it only holds 10 rounds? I don't get it?

I agree with you on all counts.

I suspect 15-round mags will be forthcoming (they're probably not reliable yet), but I am not in the least hung up on that.

Back