fake supressors

Let's face it, the cooler a gun looks, the better it sells(other factors being roughly equal). at the end of the day, when i take my gun out of the case to go shooting, i have to like what i see.
If your theory was even remotely true, most guns would have fake suppressors.
You seem to be more concerned with how YOU look with your "cool" gun

Ninja- how is it not legal for individuals to own an mp5? Minus the non free states, out of budget for a lot of people sure but not illegal.

I know a guy in Florida who is a collector and owns 3 of them.

There's lots of people in the US who own full autos and select fires.

I know a guy in Florida who is a collector and owns 3 of them.

There's lots of people in the US who own full autos and select fires.
One of my best friends is a Class III dealer who has an MP-5 I can shoot anytime I feel like spending the money for the ammo

It's almost as much fun as the REAL suppressor on the 10/22

They most unusual I've fired so far was the MP5-k in a briefcase

Snyper- the briefcase sounds like an awesome time. I haven't shot anything super cool yet. Granted full auto in anything to some people is once in a lifetime cool. A friend of mine is a class 3 dealer and has some cool stuff. I'm not a huge fan of the Kriss vectors but my buddy has a full auto one and that is an awesome gun.

I have another great friend who is a WWII collector and has some great machine guns. Other than that I don't get to play full auto very often. For me I'll just stick to my REAL suppressors and SBR's. One day ill own something with the rock and roll switch but until then Ill just enjoy the sounds of silence.

nah they're not like fake cigarettes. cigarettes are not illegal. try again.

Cigarettes without a Federal Tax Stamp are certainly illegal ....... just sayin' ....

IIRC, it's the same bunch from the Treasury Dept. that issues the Tax Stamps for both tobacco and NFA weapons, right?

..... Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Explosives and Firearms, mehbe?

anytime I feel like spending the money for the ammo

That's why I've never spent much time wishing for full auto. Frequent trips to Iowa and the resulting BATFE/LEO headache are why I've never been that interested in a real suppressor, let alone a fake one.

Can a fake can, pinned, be enough to get your barrel to legal length? Like pinning a 1.5" flash hider on a 14.5" barrel?

In other words, can I pin a 6" fake can to a 10" barrel and be legal in California?

In other words, can I pin a 6" fake can to a 10" barrel and be legal in California?

That's going to depend on how California law is written. I'd speak to a firearms knowledgeable attorney in California before heading further down the rabbit hole.

If the supressor is "blind pinned" it will be legal under federal law. Who knows about goofy Califonia.
Blind pinning is permanent. The pin goes into a one-sided hole and can't be removed. Regular pinning (with a through hole) is not sufficient to be called "permanent" under federal law.

Blind pinning. Well there you go, a legitimate use for a fake suppressor. To get your barrel to a legal length. (pending California research).

Are you happy now Creepyninja?

fake suppressors

Never understood having one. It's kinda like kids playing who has the baddest looking cap gun or something.
When you shoot it everybody knows it's fake and wonders about your maturity.

Back