fake supressors

Wouldn't be surprised if they were the same people.

Fake suppressors are their for the folks who don't know better or posers. Kinda like putting a huge wing on a Honda that is a 105hp 4 cylinder....

I see some 2wd trucks with aftermarket 4x4 stickers...same thing.

Mall ninjas....

Fake suppressors are their for the folks who don't know better or posers.
...or for folks who aren't legally allowed to own a real one, or for folks who don't want to go through the trouble of getting a real one, or for folks who can't afford a real one, or for folks who don't want to pay the high prices for a real one, ect...

Last edited:
...or for folks who aren't legally allowed to own a real one, or for folks who don't want to go through the trouble of getting a real one, or for folks who can't afford a real one, ect...

In other words posers.

A longer barrel doesn't necessarily give you better accuracy. But fake silencers aren't barrel extentions, anyway.

I have two real silencers, and they add an annoying amount of length and weight to my guns. If they didn't actually reduce the sound of the gun, then there's no way I'd ever use them.

To me, a fake suppressor is completely pointless; it makes the gun heavier, longer, and more unwieldy. It might reduce felt recoil a little bit, but not as much as a real silencer.

The only reason for a fake silencer is to look cool, but that's kinda ruined once you start shooting and your gun is just as loud as everyone else's.

Like Theo, i have a number of real Suppressors. I also have 1 fake one but it serves a real purpose. My m&p 15/22 has the barrel cut much shorter then the handguards. When i run my real can on the rifle the can just barely sticks out the end of the handguards.

So if im shooting that gun without the can on I need something to take up the space the can would. Otherwise my hand is forward of the muzzle and the blast is unkind:eek:

So, there is a use for fake cans but not for the usual rifle. IMHO

The only reason for a fake silencer is to look cool, but that's kinda ruined once you start shooting and your gun is just as loud as everyone else's.
how about a fake silencer on a 22lr shooting sub-sonic ammo? it will look AND sound like you've got a real silencer on. :D

No it won't. A .22 with subsonic ammo still sounds like a gun, just not a very powerful one. And it will be a lot louder than if you used a silencer on it.

A .22 with a silencer and subsonic ammo wont sound like a gun being fired at all. All you will hear is the bolt working. The bullet strike will be much louder.

Sharkbite- you've just answered a question I didn't even realize I had yet. I'm in the process of building 2 AR's one in a 22lr and one in 9mm like you've described. Luckily my 9mm will pretty much always have the can on (a guardian 9 btw) but the 22 may be shot without the can since I only have 1 22 can as of now.

There's something about an SBR with just a poke of suppressor hanging out of the hand guards that screams sexy.

Now for the creepy ninja if you bought a firearm you could afford a can. My first can was a huntertown arms guardian 22. I paid 175 bucks for it. Add the 200 dollar tax stamp and that's still less than what half of the mall ninjas paid for their m and p 15/22's.

how about a fake silencer on a 22lr shooting sub-sonic ammo? it will look AND sound like you've got a real silencer on.
Evidence that this person has never heard a suppressed 22lr rifle with subsonic ammo being fired. :)

Evidence that this person has never heard a suppressed 22lr rifle with subsonic ammo being fired
evidence that you never heard of a thing called aguila colibri :)
that'll be your homework for today, study it

Explain how a fake supressor does that
dude, haven't you been paying attention to the thread?? wake up, lol
sorry i'm not gonna repeat myself, just go back a few posts and you'll see my explanation

Me thinks that if you can legally own a firearm that you can own a suppressor.
so you think suppressors are legal for a person to own in all 50 states? lol

who are you people.....:confused:

Last edited:
Ninja- that aguila colibri is quiet ammo however what velocity is it running? Does it cycle the action in a semi auto? You might as well shoot a BB gun if you wanna shoot that stuff.

That ammo is nothing like shooting with a suppressor and having the firearm function like normal and still have enough velocity to do something with.

I would like to hear something of real fact or value from you. I'm getting the feeling you're trying to play in the majors while you yourself is still learning to play t-ball.

Back