Do you "Text" while hunting in the stand?

How many of you text while hunting in the stand?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
,,,,,,"My phone has this feature that allows me to just talk into a microphone, and the person on the other end can actually hear me speak!"

WOW,,,,sounds just like a telephone,,,,,,Ha-Ha-Ha,,(Just kidding)

My son is in a new spot we set up for him on Saturday. He texting me some play by play right now. Yes, I find texting while hunting can be a useful tool. For example, letting a hunting partner know you've shot a deer via text is a silent form of communication that is also time stamped. I have a buddy that hunts in northern Michigan while I hunt in the southern part of the state and we will text updates as to how our hunts are going to each other.

I hate texting and where I hunt I can barely get phone reception. People know not to text me when I'm hunting.

I carry a cell phone while hunting for emergencies. You can bet that it is shut off. Im there to hunt. Not to amuse myself or carry on conversations. I guess that I enjoy the scenery and listening to nature along with maybe that quiet approaching game too much to get bored.

So serious guys.

They do have a features to mute them.

I work in very remote locations and texting is often the most reliable way to communicate. Calls won't go through but texts will.

I'm out hunting often, as I'm sure many of you are, but sometimes there's a little to much time. Until I get older, I always hear the animals activity long before the need to see it.

I see the desire to leave it all behind if you planned a vacation around a hunting trip. So, I guess it depends on what style of hunting you do.
I sometimes hunt without leaving my pickup truck, just parked in the pasture. Most times it's an hour before I get out of the truck. Most of us average joes got "nature" running around in the attic.

My hunting is really just a chore at times that I gotta drag myself outta the house to do. I still love it, but I don't get bent out of shape if the wife calls or I get a text. My ringer is a pig squealing if I forget to turn the ringer off. I check and write emails while hunting also.

I don't text. My phone has this feature that allows me to just talk into a microphone, and the person on the other end can actually hear me speak!

;)

Let me know how that works for you while you're hunting. I don't know about your deer but ours don't like talking trees very much.

I do and I'm 22 text the girlfriend if she isn't already in the blind with me anyway or my hunting buddy to see if he's killed anything over at his place

One thing I will throw out since I routinely teach it as part of Hunter Ed classes. Cell phones are one of the greatest emergency tools there is. If you are in the woods and are injured or perhaps happen upon someone who has fallen out of their stand and been injured, that cell phone could save their or your life. Just because you have it, doesn't mean you have to turn it on. Leave it off, place it inside a ziplock bag (because "stuff" happens) and only turn it on if in an emergency. Besides if you are in a reception poor area, searching for signal will quickly run down the battery, and you can usually text even if reception is spotty.

I have it with me because my wife told me to:o I keep it off unless needed. It also has a good camera and gps. Can be very handy. Btw, I'm 44

having a cell phone in the field while hunting can be a great benifit. it may save your life if you get sick or injured, mine has a compass and map app and i'm sure there are other helpfull apps. put your phone on vibrate and stick it in your pocket, it's there if you need it.

having said that i don't think that was what the original question was about. i do not play games on it, i do not let it distract me, i don't take random calls when i am in the field because i am there to hunt.......but it is a comfort to have my phone with me if i need it.

I take my cell phone with me for emergencies and to communicate with a hunting buddy if we are both hunting the same area. It is set on vibrate and in a chest shirt pocket.

Back