Delaware Shoot?

A vote to cancel...........

Yes, in all fairness I think it should be postponed. No offense Jody but these things have to be pumped up about 2 to 3 weeks in advance. I would love to get together later in the year though and It would be better once you have everything settled at the homestead.

Sorry all -- I thought this was going to go as originally represented, starting Friday. So another vote for postponement. :( Argh, had my gear all ready to go and everything. Oh well at least I save a vacation day.

Hope everything works out at the homestead!

Justin

Last edited:
Ok let's postpone it then. I'm totally into a "stress free" camping shooting weekend and right now I have too much going on. It seems like Jody has a great chunk of land to dwell on so let's postpone this.

Jody, you have to tell us when your free and when it would be a good time to come down. We still have plenty of summer and early fall to do this.

I'm still meeting up with Jody saturday morning. Any of you that still want to shoot feel free to show up. We'll be there saturday and sunday but the "events" will be postponed to late July or August. We have to figure out when the Shotgun Shoot is too?

Soda, thanks for handling this! I think when we get it together, it will be a real blast. :)

FYI late August is very bad for me but we'll figure it out.

Justin

I went down and camped. Its a great place to spend the weekend with TFL members. Its basically a huge corn field that isn't being used. There is a very secluded camping area where there is a pond where you can do fishing, canoing, or shooting. The bugs weren't that bad, but I did spray the area pretty good before setting up camp.

Somebody called me at 2am while I was sleeping in the tent:mad:

Someone from Delaware because it was a 302 number:mad:

Its either the weekend of July 27th and 28th or Sept for me.

New Jersey Shoot..........

Last weekend in August is the pistol/shotgun shoot guys down at the Buckeye Gun Club. Don't forget! There is a place to camp on the club property for those of you who want to get down early. I will post more info at the begining of August.

Those are all weekdays? I could make it down for a day or two. But I don't now if anyone else is going to be able to get down there on a weekday.

I meant to get back down there with Jody to do some long range shooting but My car died. I got a new one now.:D

Sorry, I have the weekend days available too (e.g., Aug 17). Original plans included a buddy's wedding in Florida and the Insights Individual Survival Tactics class for that week and part of the following week -- but they didn't get enough people for IST so they canceled the class. :(

Justin

Well VA is the weekend before and NJ is the weekend after. I don't know if I'll have the time to organize this. If we can get another 3 or 4 people to come I'll do something.

Anyone else interested?

SodaPop,

I'll keep an eye on this thread. If it looks like we will have another get together, I'll set up a place for everyone to camp; probably in our back yard. It's good place with lots of space fresh water from the hose and a nice clean shallow lake for the kids to cool off in. We can do some short range pistol shooting at our house but the long range will have to be over at our regular range.

The place where you and I shot is probably not going to have the weeds cut down Soda and the bugs are VERY bad there.

As I said, I'll keep an eye on this and I'm depending on you folks to get it together; I'll be glad to host you in our big yard.

Back