Delaware Shoot?

Jody-

are you guys still doing this? You know you'll need some representation from New Castle County in Lower Slower.....

Hi Mike,

Of course we need representation from Above the Canal. Come on down and bring others! But, you'll have to talk, walk, and chew far more slowly down here... ;)

I may be there. Too much up in the air to say for sure.

I have been substitute teaching in Baltimore County, MD schools (I have a long term position)- Jody, I decided against the day care deal I told you about. I will be needing a summer job so if I get a job and can get off I'll be there. If I don't get a job by then there is a slim chance I may go and camp out (see below plus I would probably spend the weekend on the job search).

I don't really plan to camp if I go. I have a tent and all the accessories, but over the summer I prefer camping with facilities (I must have a shower 1-3 times a day during the summer). If I'm working and can get off I'll get a hotel or go to a commercial campground and visit with the group for most of the weekend (I just would have to leave at bedtime).

Jody, how has the shotgun worked for you? May be good to go to visit it :) . Actually, I finally replaced it. I put a Rem 870 on layaway the other day (after selling it for $100 less than I paid after less than a year I would have hated buying the same thing for the new gun price). Still, I'll probably buy another Mossberg 500, just in a year or two so it isn't so soon. If you need the owners manual for the Mossberg I found it so I can bring it with me if I go.

Actually I haven't had a chance to shoot the 500 yet. But soon I hope!! And no need to bring the book with you, thanks anyway but you can feel free to discard it.

I hope MANY will decide to attend.

We now let's get a head count here for attendance. :)

I am planning on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even if three or four come I'll be here as your host. And, Woody and Mrs. Woody and Soda will be deputized for everything :) And others as well. Heck, we can deputize lots and lots of folks so that there is always someone to help keep things on-the-rails!!!

It should be lots of fun, and lots of different kinds of fun. :)

Wow thats not that far away from me. I thought it was a lot further south. Looks like its only about an hour and a half from me.:)

My wife and I would also be interested in going. We would leave in the evening and just come back the next morning since Im only about 45 minutes away.

Please confirm the dates, times and place to meet..

Also what does the range cost that we will be shooting at? Is there any other costs involved besides food and drinks?

Thanks
Scott

Just read this thread - sounds fun! I'll throw the tent, a few guns and some ammo in the truck and come on down.

Justin,
You oughta try emailing Jody directly and he may be able to give you a time.
The dates 21-23 of June should be considered a definate as far as I know.

Im not the one delagating it, Im just trying to help Jody set it up so thats why I say check with him on the time.

Scott

Jody would you please clarify something for us campers?

I am not the usual casual camper so I am not lacking for camping equipment -- but if I don't need to bring it, I'd rather not. :) People who are interested can go to my website for a pic of me with a 40-50lb pack on my back in the middle of Montana -- that was me with the kitchen sink. :)

1. Water: already mentioned. I'm bringing my trusty PuR Hiker filter and Camelbak hydration unit.

2. Fire: is it just a fire pit or is there a brick grill-type structure available? This is one thing I don't currently have -- I am used to camping in areas where open flames are prohibited so I use my MSR Whisperlite Internationale stove. If this is just a fire pit then I think we would need some sort of foldable grill, which I was gonna buy anyway from Campmor.

3. Food: let me know what we should bring for said grill. Otherwise I'm going to the butchers at Reading Terminal Market and coming with a very non-vegetarian supply of food.

4. Rain tarp: if it rains, do we have a tarp to cover the cooking area? There is an annex fly available for my tent (Timberlite 2XT) which I can bring for a small covered cooking area, although it probably will not work with an open flame (hm, mebbe I should bring the Whisperlite anyway).

5. Seats: dunno if there's gonna be logs available for seating like in some National Park campgrounds, I'm bringing a small collapsable seat anyway.

6. Transport: I assume we don't need to lug our gear for any real distance. If we do, I have the appropriate pack(s), ammunition pouches and slings for long guns but if I don't need to come ready-packed and ready to hit the trail, I won't. :)

I think that should do it.

Justin

Have any events scheduled Jody? How about some form of compitition with .22's or something to that effect with pistol and rifle. What is the distance on the pistol range? How about a time on Saturday scheduled for everybody to show up like 3:00pm or something? Just some thoughts. Let me know. Maybe I can set something up for you down there.;)

Back