Delaware Shoot?

I think Jody got nabbed by the feds or something.:eek:

I am taking off for the 22nd and 23rd so I hope things are still set in stone:confused:

We all need to do a lot of planning and packing so.........................................SCOOBY DOO WHERE ARE YOU?:D

Kate and I have moved to another temporary home. We are now in a temporary office so we had all that stuff to move as well. Kate has had two surgeries. We've lost both computers and had to buy new. We bought a third just for backing up the other two. Kate has not been at work much due to her surgeries and I'be been taking care of her a lot. We have new operating systems on the computers. We've had them networked. We had a two hard drive crashes, possibly as a result of hooking up to the company networks. AND, we've been extra busy with kids, home and much more.

So, now with all that... I have to borrow a computer at the coffee shop here to check my e-mail...

The shoot is still on... Sorry I've not had ANY time to answer up.

There are hundreds of acres at site one and a long range but narrow strip at site two; suitable for very long range rifle. There are some sandy areas where fire is fine in fire pits in the sand. There is plenty of old downed wood on 40 acres or so. But gas grills are fine as well. A large tarp would be nice in case of rain. Fishing is very close to several areas to park. Paintball is fine and there are several areas that will work. I will be back and forth to both spots. Cell phones work fine in both spots. Chairs will be needed as there are no big tree logs around. There are no facilities of any kind so you may want a solar shower bag, a privacy curtain, and certainly a shovel will be needed for a latrine area or two or three. The soil is sandy, no rocks at all, so digging is easy. Tent pegs will need to be long due to the sand in most areas.

Sorry, I seldom have a computer or e-mail that works for more than a few hours it seems.... Growlllllllllllllllllllll I HATE computers.... :)

By the way... bugs, chiggars, mosquitoes, flies, etc. are bad in these parts... You will need plenty of your choice stuff for such critters. What I do when I go is take a few huge cans of yard gard type spray and hose down the whole area we plan to use and that lasts several hours.

Come on to the Bang-Chat-Chew. We have a local lady that wants to do axe, hatchet, tomahawk and shovel throwing and plans to beat everyone!!!

Soda and the Woodys will hopefully take a load of this planning on and we need others to help them. I just came back to add that... as soon as I posted above... I got a cell phone call and Kate and I need to move again in the next two weeks.... Plus, we may need to change offices again on the 17th..... ARggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh I feel like my life is the opening scene of Raiders of The Lost Ark...

We have a local lady that wants to do axe, hatchet, tomahawk and shovel throwing and plans to beat everyone!!!

I'm up for that!!

Ray,
I'll give you a call sometime this week so we can put something together.

How I'll see if I can pick up some bowling pins and sporting clays.

What time should we get there and is there an exact meeting point?

Woo hoo. Good to hear the shoot is still on. Please let us know when to meet for breakfast -- I need to reserve a car so I need to know in advance.

There are some sandy areas where fire is fine in fire pits in the sand. There is plenty of old downed wood on 40 acres or so. But gas grills are fine as well.

Ok good. I love fire cooking but admittedly because most of my camping expeditions have been into places that don't allow open fires (cf Colorado) I am gonna bring the Whisperlite and wing it on the fire cooking.

A large tarp would be nice in case of rain.

This I don't really have ... I have an extension annex to my tent but that is really small. Hope it doesn't rain. :)

Tent pegs will need to be long due to the sand in most areas.

Gonna have to do what I can with my standard tent pegs, I don't have sand pegs. :(

See you all there, I can only stay Friday night and then I have to leave by mid-day Saturday to high-tail it to a dinner appt. in Malvern, PA.

Justin

Roll Call........

O.K. people.................

Who is coming to this thing? We have one week left in order to get a head count. As far as I know, The following people are coming:

Jody Hudson
Kate
Ray Woodrow 3rd
Mrs.Woody6
SodaPop
jthuang

Any others?
Answer up so we can get a head count.:D

I talked to Jody Hudson on the phone tonight because he doesn't have access to a computer. If anyone has any questions please post them or email me. I can give you Jody's and My phone numbers if you are afraid you'll get lost.

Its too late for me to post everything that Jody told me about, but I'll post the meeting place and other info in the next 24hrs.

Justin-If your planning on going down Saturday and coming back Sunday you can hitch a ride with me. I'm bringing My Nephew down in My van and I'll have plenty of room. If your in the center city area or no more than 15 minutes from me.

Soda - thanks for the offer but I can only stay Friday night. Got a BBQ to attend on Saturday and an IDPA match on Sunday.

See you there.

Justin

The meeting place is at the "Milford Diner" at 8:30am. According to the mapquest directions Jody posted on the earlier post, it is 1/3 of a mile south, of where rt 1, and 113 split.

Bob Evans is on the right, and the diner is on the left on 113.

The camp grounds are on rt 1 past the split between rt 1 and 113. So, basically, just remember there is a split and the camp ground is on one, and the Diner is on the other.

The camp ground is approximately 5.1 miles past the split, south on rt 1.

Jody has a telephone pole and spikes with orange and pink (did it have to be pink:rolleyes: ) ribbons marking where in the "field" to pull into. Anyone that misses breakfast can meet us there around 10:30. After that try calling us on our cell phones.

Jody said that they couldn't cut all the grass in the area, so its pretty infested with bugs. He said to PLEASE bring anything you can kill bugs with. Some of that outside fog stuff would be best. I think we really need K80Geoff for this one.:) ;)

If any of you just want to make a day trip down here thats all fine and dandy too. Don't be afraid to come if your not camping. I realize some of us might scare you.:p

Anyone that wants any more info please post or email me. Don't bother trying to get a hold of Jody right now. He's in afghanistan and his computers are down.:rolleyes:

Hopefully,

I will return from Aaaaaafghanistan by tomorrow.

Soda has guided you well.

I've changed the location from my original plan to a more bug-free environment... where we will be camping is pretty nice. The planned location is now about 200 yards from the lake now instead of on the buggy banks of the lake which is a marshy area.

Our new area is VERY well drained, very sandy, and near but not in the woods. Of course each person can decide where, on the hundred acres or so, that they wish to camp. So you CAN be at the lake, in the woods, or even in the tall buggy grass. In fact, you are welcome to load up a heavy duty lawnmower to cut the grass for your own private grassy area if you wish. In other words, there are many, many, options of where to play, camp, etc.

I understand the fishing is great by the way, but I'm not a fisherman.

Bring your shovel for latrine duty as each of us will have our own personal hygien responsibilities. Also bring plenty of trash bags as our "rent" for the property is cleaning up any and all trash, including any that might be there when we show up. I haven't seen any trash there but you get the idea.

There are motels, restaurants, etc. within 6 miles of the site. The long range rifle site is 15 miles from the camping area BUT there are places to shoot short distances at the camping area.

MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL....
This is a resort area; by 9 am Saturday morning traffic will be slowed to 30 mph or less from just south of the split in Rt. 1 and Rt. 113 all the way south to Rehoboth Beach down Rt. 1; and to Ocean City Maryland, down rt. 113. If you are coming from the DC, MD area please plan to leave no later than 4am or 5 am to get to breakfast in time.

Resort traffic is the reason that we are meeting for breakfast so early. By 10 am the traffic is usually PARKED on Rt. 1 and Rt. 13 from the area we are to the beaches. Therefore if you plan to leave PA, MD, DC, areas after 8 am in the morning; ADD three or four hours to your drive time...

Any who wish to have my cell phone may write SodaPop or myself by tomorrow (Thursday) evening and we'll give you our numbers. By the way, we expect cell phone reception to be good in both locations. Also there is a gun shop with minimal ammo and lots of good buys on firearms; just a mile or so from the camp site. Delaware rules apply.

All right:( Things seem to be a little screwed up now. Does anyone want to vote on a postponement of this shoot?

Seems like too many of us were under the impression things were to start on Friday and some planned to leave early Saturday.

I think we all need to take a deep breath and thing about maybe moving the TFL Delaware shoot to a later date.

I'm still willing to come down saturday-sunday but I don't want to haul a whole bunch of stuff down if not too many people can make it this weekend.

Let's make a decision in the next 24hrs?????? If nobody other than Ray,Jody, and I can make it this weekend are the rest of you interested in doing it another weekend this summer?

I have not been able to attend this gala event due to work and so I have been staying out of the dialogue.
It seems a shame that it would be cancelled and I hope that it is not a problem for Jody.
I was hoping that it would be a success and then I could attend the sequel.
For what it's worth, my July schedule is fairly open. I was hoping for a pumpgun shoot at W&W sometime in the next week or so though.
Mike

I will NOT be offended in any way... if we need to reschedule that is OK. IF NOT, I'll gladly be available this weekend. Just let me know... :D

Back