Decided that Glock is definately not for me.

I realised today that I have taken part in a stupid argument that is off topic for this thread. My apologies to all. I hope there are no hard feelings. If you think about it, people have their own tastes and purposes for both cars and firearms. If you are a collector and a fan of the 45ACP, there is no doubt that your collection would have several 1911's. If you are in modern law enforcement, you may (or maybe not) have several Glocks or Sigs. Personally, I have one of each. As for the car side of things, my baby is my Oldsmobile Cutlass 442. I wouldn't trade it for the world. One factory wheel costs more than most used cars in my city. On the other hand, I more often drive my 1999 Chevrolet Metro. (What can I say? I am a GM man.) Is it that all I could afford was a Metro? No. I run a local finance corporation as well as my own online advertising business. Do I need to be flashy to drive the 2 miles to work in my small city with a population of about 5000 people? No. What I needed was 60 miles per gallon to make frequent trips to Las Cruces and Albuquerque, as well as an occasional cross country haul. It's pretty nice to take a 3000 mile round trip to see my family with the air conditioning on for around $60. I could probably swing that new Cadillac I would like, but that might start to cut into my gun money and I don't quite need a third car until my fiance and I start building our family. Again, I apologize and I feel foolish for letting a poor comparison get the best of me. Friends?

Again, I apologize and I feel foolish for letting a poor comparison get the best of me. Friends?

I considered it a great honor to debate cars with you. We each have different views and that is fine. I think I can speak for the majority of those on TFL and say that there is no need for an apology.....we are ALL friends here and on the same side (pro-gun).

Just in case it was headed in that direction, I didn't want to take any chances. We do all have that one thing in common, and aside from all the caliber and model debates it essentially makes us brothers.

I love the 1911...

My family has six... I like the trigger feel of the 1911 (straight back, then bang!). I like feeling a little heft. The fact that my Grandpa carried one in WWII turned me into a 1911 lover. Hey, you like what you like, right? For me, this is the design that revolutionized autoloaders. I want one evgraved but it'll cost me plenty. At least the Glock and HK owners can do their own engraving (with a soldering iron) ;)

I like Glocks, just can bring myself to owning one. I'm sure there's a lot of Glock folks that feel the same way for the 1911.

I've passed this thread over several times since it was posted, and I just couldn't get by it this time. I happen to like the Glock, but I like a whole host of other guns too. I'm just curious, what is the reason for posting such a topic? If it's just to start yet another flame war, I guess it's a success. OTOH, there didn't seem to be much real point in the topic. If you don't like a particular brand or style of gun, by all means, don't buy one!

We all respond to a thread like this and then wonder why the wife wants us to spend less time on the computer. I like Glocks, but not my favorite. Good guns.. Never shot a 1911 and haven't the interest. Isn't it great that we have these choices:)

Back