Decided that Glock is definately not for me.

Ok.. Glocks are ugly.. but they are fine guns. 1911's are nice looking, and they are fine guns. Both get the job done..

Glock = Subaru
1911 = Lexus

Both are reliable and drive very well, but I'd rather be seen driving around in a Lexus. Thank you.
If you wanna pay $60,000 for a Toyota Camry.....Yeah...I gues sthat is like getting a reliable 1911.....pay more for less and you will eventually find one that works right.

Personality? Fondle this!

g20onfor.jpg

Why yes... that is a water soaked 10mm Glock 20 wrapped in Agrip... ready to ROCK!

Amelia - pretty much wrapped it up.

I think my Sig 220 is very accurate. However I shoot the crap out of and abuse my glocks and thank they are very accurate. The Sig I baby. Just how I feel about them.

Hads a 92 and did not like it for anything. Had a 59 which I liked, the 39 I think is a great pistol. Not as accurate as a Glock or a Sig but better than most 1911 types in a plan wrapper.

To each their own and what ever tool is used I hope it works when you need it

After reading this I had to go to the safe and get out my guns, I hadn't fondled them today. I like to fondle (and shoot) my g-26 the best. My taurus .38 revolver points the best though, good thing since you can hardly see the black sights. I would like a 1911 but can't afford one - yet.

The "Chicks Dig It" Factor?!?!

That is so dang sad...

Being a chick, and all, I consider myself somewhat of an authority on this topic: I dig P7's, Glocks, 1911's, big-bore wheelguns, cowboy revolvers, cap'n'ball replicas, airweight snubbies, pocket pistols, Broomhandle Mausers, and most other things that go bang. I would never, however, judge a guy more or less favorably by what kind of gun he has; if I "dig" a pistol, I'll go buy one of my own...

Gosh, I hope I'm not to late to this party?!?

Fun thread don't you think?

I've always loved the Glock vs. 1911 threads. How could Mr. Smith have known he was stating a flame thread...because he said he likes 1911's better than Glock’s! Duh! It's like throwing a match into some gasoline, but not intending for it to ignite. Some things just “happen".

While I'm here, I must mention my issue with Glock’s. (Can't arrive at a party empty handed now can I).

When I extend my arm out straight, as if I'm holding a gun for instance, my hand appears to be more or less "in-line" with my arm. If you put a very ergonomic (for me) gun in my hand, say a Sig P220 for the sake of argument; my hand will remain in its natural aligned state with my arm. Like it was made for it!

Now, if I were to put a Glock into my hand, it forces my wrist to bend forward in an unnatural way. It's not a comfortable "interface" for me. Like it was made for someone else. I've talked to several surgeons about having this problem fixed so that I too may enjoy humankinds greatest achievement. However, the consensus seems to be that it would probably cost Glock less to re-tool and make their pistols with the proper (for me) grip angle than to surgically alter my hand/arm.

And that's it....my only beef with Glock's. And to me, nothing is more important than the way a pistol fits my hand. For me, Glock’s just aren’t “fondle able”.

Best,
SM

Please get your facts straight people.
I am ASE certified in several automotive fields. I have repaired more Lexus's than you will ever see in your whole life. I have still yet to see one that isn't stamped TOYOTA on just about every part. Who needs to get their facts straight?

Hey! Let's stop the Lexus vs Toyota bent this thread is taking - that's for a completely different bulletin board. Let's get back to the controversial Glock vs 1911 vs The World. If you guys don't start the gun flames back up, I'm going to lock this thread faster than you can say "double tappet". ;)

I sincerely apologize Mal H.

In my defense, I argued my case WITHOUT flaming. I don't like to see statements made without facts to back them up which is why I responded in the first place. Sorry to get off track. Back to guns now....

kuva13.jpg

1911c.gif

Amen

I carry a Glock 19 when I'm not carrying my custom Novak Hi-Power(which has loads of "personality). The Glock is like a humvee or an American bulldog, all business--appearance, performance, etc... The thing about the Glock 19 is that you know it'll save your bacon when you're in a spot. It's battle proven and perfected. These traits give one tremendous piece of mind when one is alone at an atm machine or in a 7 Eleven at a late hour.

Down here in Miami, wood rusts. So, it's nice having a gun that I don't even have to worry about. My Browning has Birdsong's Black T finish, but that costs bucks and is very time consuming to get on one's gun. The Glock comes from the factory all set to go. Also, if something breaks and you have to fix it, it is hands down the quickest, easiest, and one of the cheapest guns in the world to fix, as usually it is something like a trigger spring, trigger bar, or firing pin sleeve(made of plastic) that breaks.

500th post!

Steve, where did you rent a Glock? I'd like to try out some model of a G gun to see what all of the hullabaloo is about, but I don't want to buy one just to satisfy my curiosity (they're getting a bit pricey for that). Did you rent it somewhere in our area?
DAL

Not one single Cadillac has ever been sold with a single, solitary part stamped CHEVY.

Not one single Cadillac has ever been sold with a single, solitary part stamped CHEVY.

Freedom,

I never claimed they had CHEVY stamped on them. I've had several Caddies, they all have "GM" stamped on several parts--Cads are simply over-priced GMC's according to your reasoning. I humbly suggest we drop the issue and respect Mal H's wishes. You are welcome to join me in a car chat and we can debate this further.

I can't help myself..had to post...
Glocks don't fit my hand either and I like the external
safety on a pistol.
I have the 1911 that I never shoot anymore, I shoot the HK USP which is the modern 21st century 1911..
The USP's do fit my hand better, so I shoot them better.
No disrespect to the Glock people out there, after all
didn't Glock invent the gun????

Good post Dakodakid,

One should shoot what one likes best. If a Glock doesn't fit your hand, why own one? I am not crazy about Glock ergonomics either. That said, I do like Glocks and I respect 1911's (though 1911's are just "not for me").

You picked the wrong Glock to try

I did not read every post, so I am probably repeating someone. The M30 is one fat mother. I don't like the way it feels or shoots either. I own an M19 and love it. I recently bought an M27 and love that also. The thirty was just too wide and that must be why Glock made the M36 single stack 45.

Back