DA/SA Recommendation for EDC

Honestly, the only reason I haven't tried out the Bersa is that lock-out feature. It's the same reason I generally stay away from modern Smith and Wesson Revolvers. Even if the failure rate is ridiculously low, it is a visual reminder for me of the fear-mongering and often coercive forces that say things like "common sense" and "safety" while trying to wipe out our rights. I don't know the circumstances under which Bersa decided to employ such a feature, but I think I'm permanently biased against it.

I'm looking for an EDC for pretty much the same reasons, but I want a high capacity magazine. I want a hammer fired DA/SA semi auto. Here's the 6 that I'm working on:
Sig Sp2022 15+1 compact around $450 to $500
HK P30 15+1 compact around $600-$700
FN FNX 17+1 compact? around $1100-$1200
CZ P-07 15+1 compact around $400
Beretta PX4 15+1 compact around $650
Grand Power ??? mag, around $550 Not sure of this one didn't do any research yet.
MY EDC IS A Beretta Nano 8+1 striker fire had it for 3 years just want something with more rounds and I can carry locked and loaded.

FN FNX 17+1 compact? around $1100-$1200

I didn't know about any compact version of the FNX. The 17-round magazine is standard for the full-size FNX-9, which is a decent pistol. It's designed to fit a lot of different needs, with ambidextrous controls and a safety lever that allows for either decocking DA/SA or carrying cocked-and-locked. The aggressive grip texture really helps with hold in almost any conditions but might not be right for more sensitive forms of concealed carry.

There is an FNS Compact and it typically holds twelve. I think the 17-round magazine uses a grip extension, making it similar in size to the full-size. Also, where are you seeing that price tag? That's double what I see for the regular models.

I would imho not recommend sw 3rd gen. The single stacks recoil hard and double stacks are too heavy and parts are getting harder to come by

I would recommend

P30
PCR

Back