Charter Arms Forum?

HELLO!

This is the only Charter forum I could find.

I bought a new Bulldog Tuesday evening before Thanksgiving.

Wednesday morning, I went to the range before work and shot it for the first time.

About round #75 the gun blew to pieces.

I called Charter and told them the gun blew up and I was responsable because I was using my dads reloads. Dee said "send it in".

I asked for a shipping label. She asked how old the gun was and which model. I told her it was a week old so she sent me a free shipping label.

I sent it back and within a week I had a new one including serial #.

NCM_0829-XL.jpg

NCM_0830-XL.jpg

NCM_0827-XL.jpg

NCM_0828-XL.jpg

Now for the new one.

Shoots GREAT, I took a little off the front sight after I had it while.

NCM_0911-XL.jpg

In my Galco King Tuck for my J frame Chiefs Special. It fits in my ankle holster too, but its kind of heavy and makes me walk funny.
NCM_0894-XL.jpg

NCM_0892-L.jpg

NCM_0891-XL.jpg

The Pac Compac grip really helped with control and keeps my finger from getting whacked by the trigger guard.

NCM_0888-XL.jpg

NCM_0887-XL.jpg

I called Charter and told them the gun blew up and I was responsible because I was using my dads reloads. Dee said "send it in".
I sent it back and within a week I had a new one including serial #.

Wow, now that's customer service! Did they give the new gun the same serial # as the original one?

I was impressed when I called in to buy a sight screw and they shipped me one free, but this is really something.

Wow, now that's customer service! Did they give the new gun the same serial # as the original one?

I was impressed when I called in to buy a sight screw and they shipped me one free, but this is really something.

They replaced my Undercover. The new one has a different serial number.

And yes, I'm pretty impressed with their customer service. Easy to deal with and quick turn around. One reason I'm comtemplating the Bulldog, over the other competitive product on the low end.

Hey Dave,...are you still shooting those reloads??

I pulled the rest. I found One more bullet with a gas check and 9.5 grains of a fine powder.

I think I know where these came from.

Probably about 25years ago, my dad handed me his 3" S&W model 624 and asked me to shoot a few loads.

I fired three rounds and handed him the gun back. Too hot, hurt my hand.

I bet I found the other 3.

If you don't know, the 624 (44sp) is the same gun as the 629 (44 mag) with a shorter cylinder.

I had a couple more boxed of his 44 special reloads, I fired them all in my Ruger Super Redhawk. There were no other instances.

Loving the gun. It now fits well in the galco King Tuck. It just took a few times in and out. I feel quite secure carrying this gun.

Someone asked about serial number. It was a new gun new serial #.

David

Great story about a company that makes a reasonably priced revolver, and stands behind it! Makes me very happy I will probably be picking up my new Bulldog DAO from Gander Mountain this afternoon. FedEx tracking number says it's in town.:D

I guess I'll be finding out how there customer service is. I recently purchased a like new patriot 327 mag. went and shot it today and the barrel came loose. kind of a shame as I really wanted the 327. anyway going to call them in the morning.

I have a pair of Pathfinders. The top one is a rare 8 shot 22 LR, the bottom is a 6 shot 22WMR. Its at the factory right now getting a new barrel because of a defect, and getting a 22 LR cylinder fitted, on my dime. I am considering a .38 Police Undercover because its the only small, 6 shot .38 that I know of currently in production. Should make a good sock drawer gun for my wife.

photo%201_zpspdpp34zr.jpg

this is my latest Charter Arms gun, rolled marked as Charter 2000. supposedly Charter 2000 was owned by the same folks/guy that owns the current company. the suspect quality of the older Charter Arms is evident here in this pic. if you enlarge it you can see serious machine marks in the cylinder stop notches. so far, other than poor finishing work this gun works right, though it is rough in most every movement.

Bulldog

I have had an itch to shoot this. I carry it sometimes and want to be good with it.

Here are 10 shots 50 feet. I shot a box of 50 and some.

NCM_0980-XL.jpg

David

I'd love to play! I've owned four CA revolvers; my first was a .38 Undercover, then a .44 Bulldog with a 3" barrel. Those two got away, but I bought a 2.5" .44 Bulldog to carry as back up to my 4506 and carried both until my department mandated changing to a Glock 22 (then, of course, I HAD to have a Keltec P40). My last CA was an Undercover in .38 with a shrouded barrel and bobbed hammer. That one went to my dad once he laid eyes on it and he carried it until the day he died (it was on his bedside table when we found him; he had passed in his sleep). It now lives with my youngest daughter. I'd buy another in a minute, but I like the older ones best:)

Jerrys,

I was using 6,9 grains Unique with a Gator powder coated 240 SWC.

I bought the gun and tried only a couple loads, apparently this bullet and gun are a good combination.

I also tried 5.3 of bullsey and some Red dot.

Unique gave the most Velocity and kept it in a safe pressure range.

As you can see earlier I blew one up, so I am a little careful.

Loving this gun, carrying it in my galco king tuck for my smith model 36 J frame 5 shot 38. I carry it with confidence!

David

A few more pics

Here ya go, my little buddy.

NCM_0911-XL.jpg

NCM_0887-XL.jpg

This thing is a blast. If I grip the gun tight, it bites the front of my trigger finger knuckle hard. If I relax with the pachmyer grip, it does not.

Its a little gun, I want to hold it firmly.

David

wow, 6.8 grains of unique under a 240gr. I use 5.3 under a 240gr swc, and its plenty for my bulldog, a -CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED- cat in my 629 though.

As you saw earlier in this thread, I blew one up shooting reloads that I did not make.

6.9 is a max load for standard pressure 44 special.

Shooting this is similar to shooting my airweight smith with max pressure 38's.

David

Internet competition

The game was keep em all in the X.

4 shots 3 yards
6 shots 5 yards
6 shots 7 yards
4 shots 10 yards

NCM_1014-XL.jpg

240 820 fps.

David

Back