CCW Set up $580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good for you! The G19 is an excellent gun, and a fantastic carry piece. The price was outstanding as well.

A few hours north of you, here in Mid-Michigan, its hard to find a USED Gen 3 Glock that isn't above $500. The get us so bad up here on those... and I cant figure out why.

Now if only it was more affordable to get the MI CPL...

Carry on and be safe.

Thanks! I am loving the G19, as you saw in the other thread we are a pretty good match. I want to say that I did shoot a few nicer (1.2-1.7) 5 shot groups on that same trip. I mostly like to shoot a full mag to make my "group."

Prices can get out of hand, especially lately! I am very lucky to know the right person who was able to get it to me wholesale.

The cost of a CCW in MI is ridiculous! $100 for the license! Not to mention most of the required training courses cost you a good $150-$200! The right to carry a weapon is a fundamental one, my household income is only a few thousand dollars short of the MI average (I am a college student but work full time) and it will be a stretch for me to afford getting my CCW. Worth it though. It has been too long. I know nothing is likely to happen to me; but how could I, knowing I have the skillset to stop an attack live with myself if something happened to my wife or daughter? It is worth the money, the training time, and the risk. Of course, honestly, it is just fun to shoot too!

Some guns look prettier; but this one works for me.

This is a common trend which IMHO has led to a lot of the sub compact mini guns you see on the market. These are not bad guns and these mini guns are better than no gun at all but let me give you some food for thought.

Carrying gun around with you in public is a right and at the same time a huge responsibility. IMHO it should come with some impact on your life. You should be aware that it is with you at all times. You need to have an awareness and a mindset that is necessary to defend yourself. I personally find pocket carry too casual.

Not to get too preachy but I have found that if having some heft and some presence on the belt helps with that mindset for me. I want to be aware of the gun at all time. It should not print or show to others but its presences should never be forgotten.
This is my favoritest post in the history of forever.

I love j-frames but my advice is to wait until you've had a chance to fire one; it's a different type of beast. I would avoid the LC9 for the trigger alone. I think the S&W shield might be your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back