Budget Duty Size 9mm - Home and Truck Gun

USAF Ret: said:
...G19 Gen 4 $400 out the door.

MikeG: said:
If you want extra magazines, see if your PX carries the Magpul ones. They're half the price of the Glock ones.

IMHO, you just can’t beat this setup, a G19 with the Magpul Glock mags, I own & use both, the combination just flat out works.

Glock pistols aren’t for everybody, but IMHO they are reliable, accurate, and there is great aftermarket gear & accessories for Glocks.

Took advice and have been just going around looking at a lot of different guns before making a final decision; trigger, grip feel, etc. Thought I was going with a Glock 19. Had a change of mind. About to pull the trigger (pun intended) on a SIG SP2022. This pistol fits perfectly and I like the DA/SA with decoker. Been watching a lot of reviews and am very impressed. Shot a friends P226, and it sounds very similar. Only difference is trigger and frame.

Not sure if I mentioned this, but you can still get a brand new M&P40 2.0 Compact for $299 at Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore

That's what I use for a truck gun and I really like it. And I'm a long-time Glock shooter.

Took advice and have been just going around looking at a lot of different guns before making a final decision; trigger, grip feel, etc. Thought I was going with a Glock 19. Had a change of mind. About to pull the trigger (pun intended) on a SIG SP2022. This pistol fits perfectly and I like the DA/SA with decoker. Been watching a lot of reviews and am very impressed. Shot a friends P226, and it sounds very similar. Only difference is trigger and frame.
Trigger pulled. SIG SP2022 it is. Got a great deal. Thanks to everyone for the inputs. Opened my horizons a bit.

You could’ve done much worse than the 2022 sir. While I’m a cz da/sa fan, the 2022 is a great value. It’s in the same tier as the p07 I carry on duty. We’re i forced to carry the 2022 I wouldn’t be concerned with reliability.

I have no complaints with my Canik TP9SA. I put a Glock 43 adjustable rear sight on mine to correct a problem of shooting high at 25 yards and now it's printing POA/POI. The trigger is far better than Glock's and the Canik breaks down easier too. Can't fault 18 round mags either, they're made by Mec-Gar.

What flavor of 2022 did you get?

Top Gun used to sell the stainless with a holster, night sites, 3 back straps, and two mags for 399.

As the gun as gotten closer to it's end date (2022) it has gone up in price, instead of the expected down :)

What flavor of 2022 did you get?

Top Gun used to sell the stainless with a holster, night sites, 3 back straps, and two mags for 399.

As the gun as gotten closer to it's end date (2022) it has gone up in price, instead of the expected down :)
I got the standard, so no night sights or holster. Two magazines. A little over $400. Yes, the prices seem to have gone up a bit. Got to go shoot this weekend. Hitting low right. With the smaller grip, I seem to be putting too much of my finger on the trigger. Need to adjust. 100 rounds and one FTF. Aside from that, groups were pretty good.

SA DEFENDER / XD9 service

2019-05-12-132401.jpg

2019-05-10-141711.jpg

2019-05-10-091422.jpg

The SA XD9 Service model is one of the best budget priced 9mm service pistols around, it's a military quality handgun with a hammer forged slide and barrel, the Croatian military actually use this model , the grip angle is like a M1911A1

:)

Last edited:
Of all three listed above, I have them all.
They will all suit the purpose of the OP.
The Ruger Security-9 shoots really well for me, and I've let a few people try it, and they all like the feel and accuracy.
The Canick and XD are both good, and I think I like the Canick just a bit better, it just fits me better.
The XD used to be my favorite pistol, and I shot it better than any, but, while the XD is still a good gun, I've bought a few I like better.
If I was banging it around, carrying it in the Truck, I think I'd go with the Canick.

Of all three listed above, I have them all.
They will all suit the purpose of the OP.
The Ruger Security-9 shoots really well for me, and I've let a few people try it, and they all like the feel and accuracy.
The Canick and XD are both good, and I think I like the Canick just a bit better, it just fits me better.
The XD used to be my favorite pistol, and I shot it better than any, but, while the XD is still a good gun, I've bought a few I like better.
If I was banging it around, carrying it in the Truck, I think I'd go with the Canick.
I got a SIG 2022. Wasn't even on my list.

I cannot more highly recommend the Canik TP9SF. The trigger is fantastic, reliability is fantastic, price is fantastic, accuracy is... fantastic :) Love mine more than many of my pistols that cost twice as much.

SIG SP2022

I got a SIG 2022. Wasn't even on my list.

Excellent choice, I also have one of these

I like that it's DA / SA hammer fired and can be safely carried decocked

the grip fits my hand just right with small grip that was installed when I bought it

still in use by the French Police Forces, the SP2022 is one of my favorite 9mm pistols.

Back