Best deal you ever got on a used handgun

A Ruger Super Blackhawk, 7 1/2 in .44 mag, in almost new condition with a leather Hunter hip holster for 200.00 from a work friend. hdbiker

I just missed out on a good deal. One of my best friends just told me he sold a LNIB G31c at a gun show for $320. I was pissed. I’ve wanted a 357sig for a while, but not enough to pay full price.
He said “I asked you a year ago if you were interested in it and you said no”
Well heck I didn’t know he was going to sell it so cheap. He did sell me two cases of M193 for $500 to make up for it. We’re still friends I guess.

I missed out on one too. Had a buddy that bought a Canik Tp9sa in dessert sand. He maybe ran 1 or 2 mags through the gun then decided it wasn't for him. I didn't have money to buy it off him for what it was worth ($250-300). He sold to a gun shop for $150. I was so mad he didn't call me. I could have topped that number for him at least.

Smith K22-has a number now--brand new $98, 1968. 6" barrel.
Smith Combat Mag (22LR)-new 1965-about $85 as I recall. Same gun as above except barrel length., both K frame, I believe. Wish Id got mate in 22 Mag which I think was available then (4" barrel)

Paid $395 for my NIB silver chrome BHP, then there’s my Sig P6 that I paid $319 for. Then I rather not tell you about the $500 Royal Blue Python that got away!

I traded a used Ruger MKI Target 22 LR for a used S&W model 58 in 41 magnum ..straight up !
Hated to do that to my brother but he wanted the Ruger MKI and didn't care for the 41 magnums ammo cost or muzzle blast ...but I had loading dies and bullet moulds so that wasn't a problem at all for me !!!
Gary

I had a guy sell me a CZ 100 in 40SW for $1. He hated it that much. Me, being a CZ guy, was happy to take it. Then...I shot it. I got more than he did when i got rid of it, but gah, that DAO trigger was absolutely horrifying, only CZ I was ever happy to get rid of.

Well, I think I just outdid myself over my previous deal of a SW40VE for $199, as I just ordered a 4006TSW CHP for $399, and while that's roughly 2x the price, many would argue that it's at least 4x the gun.

Umpteen years ago, I stopped in at the old Colman's Sporting Goods, then in Five Corners. Needed a bottle of Hoppes. In the counter was a 1950s Baby Browning with a tag that said $75. Asked to see it; all numbers matched, 99+% original finish, and not even any scratches on the magazine. Wrote a check and brought it home.

About 4 months ago, I walked into the Gun Library at my local Cabala's Sporting Goods Store. And there sit a S/A Great Western 5 1/2 inch barrelled 22LR that appeared to be in Like New Condition. And Old Man had just brought it in and sold it to them. Because He was old and neither he or none any of his family members wanted it any more. He said He bought it new in 1956. Shot it just a few times then put it up. And it had been in storage for 60+ years. I had always wanted one of them ever since I was a kid and Cabala's had a price of $300.00 on it, so I bought it. The Gun was absolutely filthy and bone dry so I had a very competent and knowledgeable gunsmith on S/A `s completely disassemble the gun and clean and lube it. The gun shoots extremely well now. I have shot the gun a lot in the last few months and I like it more every time I shoot it. I even bought an old ventaged matching hand tooled leather Western Gun Belt & Holster for it. I am really enjoying this old gun made in time when I was young.
ken

Not so much these days

An earlier poster in the thread got it right. Since the great equalizer (internet) is everywhere the giveaway guns are not everywhere.....

Can we see really great giveaway gun prices again? Yes, I'm afraid there may be a lot of folks looking to turn guns in to cash in the coming weeks and months.
My best buys were mostly years ago, but occasionally a great deal still pops up.

I recently bought a LNIB Hawes Western Marshal .357 and a Remington 31 shotgun for 300 bucks. Super deal the Hawes is unfired, the 31 is excellent.

My favorite from about ten years ago was the CZ 82 and it is a C+R. They were right around 100 bucks. Best DA trigger pull of any military semi I have experienced.
The CZ 52 is fun too, tho ammo has gotten pricey.

A S&W model 10-6 from CAI at an auction for $210. It was an old police trade-in, stamped Georgia something. I didn't like it and and re-sold it during a trade in for more than $210. I retrospect, I am lightly kicking myself. With trigger work and a different grip I bet I would have really liked that gun.

Years ago I bought a pristine "pre used" old model Colt Cobra for $80. Sold it a couple of years later for over $300.

Many years ago a recently widowed lady friend gave me the 9mm Luger pistol her husband brought back from the war and subsequently used upon himself. It was a nice Mauser made pistol in very nice condition, never felt comfortable with that pistol and later donated it to an AF museum along with an MP 44 he also brought back.

Some picks of my S&W 4006TSW CHP.

attachment.php

attachment.php

This may not be the absolute best deal from a strictly financial perspective, but it's the one that always makes me smile. I saw an S&W Model 29 listed on consignment at my LGS for $800 and called to ask about condition - was told "it looks pretty good" so I asked them to hold it for me and got in the car. Well, I guess it did look "pretty good" - it turned out to be an unfired 29-2, P&R, 6.5" barrel, i.e., the "Dirty Harry" model, in the mahogany presentation case with all tools and paperwork, including the original buyer's receipt. I couldn't get my checkbook out fast enough. It remains my one and only Safe Queen.

Best deals, I picked up two AK47's for $300 ea, Bought a NIB SP 101 357, 4.2" barrel $400. Bought my New Model Single Six brand new for $97. That was in 1976.

I bought a 6 inch Colt Anaconda .44 Mag from a work mate for 300.00 bucks. Perfect condition, got a western style holster rig with .44 loops and a couple boxes of empty's. The guy was too intimidated by the recoil, sold it to me for cash to buy a 9mm auto LOL. hdbiker

I also bought a 7 1/2 inch Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 mag. in very good condition for 200.000 from another workmate . hdbiker

Back