Anyone have recent experience with ATF wait times?

My most recent Form 4 (Sparrow SS on a Trust) took 7 months and 6 days from check cashing to approval. Here's the timeline:

Mailed 9/4/13
Received 9/9/13
Check cashed 9/9/14
Approved 4/15/14
Received 4/19/14

My other two cans are a few days from the 7 month mark, hoping for some good news in the next month or so!

I spoke to someone at the ATF front desk today.

Checks cashed around May. Guns went into pending status June 2014.

According to the front desk, the form 4s will be approved February.

So form 4s are still taking about 9-10 months total.

Not really any quicker than in the past.

This thread makes me kinda sad...lol. I just submitted on the 19th a paper form 1 for an SBR and a form 4 for a guardian 22. Both through a trust. I was hoping the ATF was back to around the 6 month mark. Wishful thinking I suppose...

I'm thinking of doing two more SBR's on E-Forms, maybe a 10/22 underfolder and a AR in .300 BLK. Looks like E-Forms are down to a 4 week wait. Because why not?

Unless something changed last week, you still can not efile form 4. No way to get around the 10 month wait. I keep reading on subguns of people having their form 4s approved in six months. Hopefully, the ATF front desk is overestimating, and it really is six months.

Unless something changed last week, you still can not efile form 4. No way to get around the 10 month wait. I keep reading on subguns of people having their form 4s approved in six months. Hopefully, the ATF front desk is overestimating, and it really is six months.

Form 1's are up and running, NFATracker is showing a 1 month wait.

I submitted a form 1 electronically last week, will update this when I get it back. Also waiting on four form 4's from just a couple months ago so I don't expect to see those until the spring

I filed a Form 1 Electronically on 8/5/2014 and received electronic notice that my application had been approved today.

Included was an image of the form with stamp.

20 days!

Much better than the 6 months it took 5 years ago...

Thanks ATF! You done me proud.

Can someone explain why ATF will approve a form 1 so quickly, but yet take literally 6-10x as long on a form 4?

I can understand why a form 3 would be quicker than a form 4, as with the form 3 dealer to dealer transfer, ATF has effectively already vetted the dealer. In theory, shouldn't a form 1 and form 4 take the same amount of time?

I filed a Form 1 Electronically on 8/5/2014 and received electronic notice that my application had been approved today.

Included was an image of the form with stamp.

20 days!

Much better than the 6 months it took 5 years ago...

Thanks ATF! You done me proud.

Love it! Alas, I must wait for a couple more paydays to pass...

I just got the email that my form 1 which was efiled on 8/4/14 is approved today.

Does anyone know if I will get something in the mail or is the email it?

The email notice and the included PDF is it. Print a color copy of the PDF and there you go.

No hard stamp with E-filed forms

Silencer shop has a page where they update wait times daily. I'd post a link but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to, just google it.

I just got back a form 3, took exactly 3 months. Also just submitted a form 4 and a second form 3, I'm hoping fto have approval for both within the next year.

I also heard from someone who went to an ATF conference that they have not even chosen a contractor yet for eForms, so its going to be a while before you can submit form 4's electronically.

Also, yes they hired 15 new examiners, but they failed to mention how many examiners left.

Back