Anyone have recent experience with ATF wait times?

I sent my form 4 about a month ago, can't wait to get this thing in my possession
4uvave6a.jpg

Sent my paperwork off a week ago for a YHM 7.62 phantom. My local dealer had it on the shelf so that saves some time. He took me out with it after I got some subs & let me shoot it which was SO COOL!

Basically turned my rifle into a pellet gun in the noise department. :)

Sorry dude. Maybe if you took up Golf or some other non Govt regulated sport:mad:

I did a form 1 and a form 4 efiled the first of Dec. Anybody getting efiled ones back in the 3 months i was told??

Sorry dude. Maybe if you took up Golf or some other non Govt regulated sport:mad:

I did a form 1 and a form 4 efiled the first of Dec. Anybody getting efiled ones back in the 3 months i was told??

I've been playing a lot of Call of Duty on Xbox, closest thing to getting my fix for shooting a silencer I've found, lol.

I send a form 1 and a form 4 in early and mid April, received my stamps in early and late February. About 10 months.

I just got a form back for a suppressor. I got it back earlier than most of the dealers so he says.

It was 11 months and 3 days from the date it was submitted.

I sent my first Eform in on Dec 1. Emailed BATF today asking what to expect for wait times. The reply was "Expect 4-6 months"

No specifics on my form. Just a generic time frame

:(

Efiling is significantly faster than paper filing.

Believe it or not, there are some dealers who refuse or do not know how to efile. They insist on paper filing, which adds many months to the process. I bought from a dealer who refuses to efile, despite my pleas.

I was at another class 3 dealer when a gentleman picked up his silencers and he got all huffy, maybe jokingly, when he asked why he didn't receive an actual stamp, like in the old days.

Some people are just old fashioned.

You know what makes the wait even tougher, Shark?

I was at the store when some dude, who efiled 5 months ago picks up his stamp, while I am going on 9.5 months. Grrrrrr.

I cant even comprehend waiting a year to get my stuff

It was the ability to Efile that prompted me to get off my butt and jump into NFA stuff.

Now im waiting on 1 SBR and 3 cans. Should have all in my safe before June:D

I dont understand dealers not doing efile. Even if only as a cust service thing. But i guess if they are paid 100% up front they have no incentive to speed the process up.

If anyone buys off of gunbroker, do not assume that the dealer will efile. Some of them will not or do not efile. You will be waiting 11-12 months if paper filed. I am learning the hard way.

One dealer told me that an examiner said that the ATF is 80,000 paper files behind, and because of the influx of applications, the line is moving like molasses in snow.

I dont understand dealers not doing efile. Even if only as a cust service thing. But i guess if they are paid 100% up front they have no incentive to speed the process up.
A lot of that may be due to technical issues. The site is nearly impossible to access most of the time. The ATF has acknowledged that the system is shut down for reboot for several hours a day, most of those times being during business hours. During what windows of operation do exist, tons of users flood in trying to access the system, which also causes it to crash.

It's possible to get through, but even then, the system will kick the user out. Right now, it's a logistical disaster. I've been trying to get one filed for the last week and a half, and I've poured about 9 man-hours into that one form.

If it gets to working the way it should, it'll be a real asset. The problem is, it rarely does.

I called the ATF today and checked on all my NFA toys, a boatload of 'em, from suppressors to FA rifles.

The person, Mary, who answered the phone recognized me. She said that the wait, from the pending date (not from the check cashed date) is now TEN MONTHS! And it may get longer because they are really backed up. BARF!

What the hell?! I remember reading some regulations somewhere that the ATF was striving to get stamps back in 9 months max.

This pushes me back to late June, and I bought my first NFA items in early June of 2013. They cashed my check in late June, but the forms didn't go pending until late August. So 2.5 months for a form to go pending, and then ten more months from the pending date. OMG!

At this pace, I won't be shooting my M60 until late 2015 or early 2016. Wow the wait is painful.

I received a stamp two weeks ago for a SBR I sent off 10 months ago, so the 10 month number is just about right, at this moment.

Back