And what do YOU carry on a daily basis???

Gun: 1991A1 .45, reliability package & night sights, 1 spare mag, both mags 8 rd.; 11 rd mag carried in glovebox
Ammo: Federal Personal Defense in 8 rd mags, 10 rds Blazer 200 gr. HP in glovebox mag
Leather: Rosen ARG, SOS, & belt
Accessories: Surefire 6Z, Benchmade 975, Mitsubishi G75 cellphone
For summer, I opt for a Blade-Tech IWB and single mag pouch.

------------------
Shoot straight regards, Richard at The Shottist's Center http://forums.delphi.com/m/main.asp?sigdir=45acp45lc

Glock 23 in a Kramer #2 IWB backed by a S&W 640 .38 "Street Fighter" package by Jack Weigand. Has a Spyderco clip on the right side frame. Rosen sharkskin belt and spare mag / Laser Products 3P pouch. 2 speed strips in back pocket. Spyderco Goddard. Everyday.
Hey GWINNYTHEPOOH, who made the knife? It's a beauty!

Dave, it's an Alan Folts. I got you covered in email, though. This is what Dave is talking about:
mantis2.jpg

This is what I carry on a daily basis as per the post above. You can get this knife in red, white, blue, etc. micarta and mirror finishes, but I like it this way. It's not quite ugly but it looks serious. Plus, I carry it openly at night and if anyone has ever noticed it, no one has ever commented.

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

Sig 220 in a galco IWB w/2 mags in Galco dual mag holder-backup beretta Tomcat in a constant companion kydex holster-buck crosslock knive
Bob

Glock 22 and Spyderco on duty.
Jennings .380 and Spyderco off until I can afford a Taurus Milliniun or Kel-Tec. I really like the Spyderco because of the way they hang in your pocket and the big thumb hole in the blade for excited clumsy fingers.

Interarms Walther PPK/S in Galco J hook with Winchester Silvertips and a second Mag in a Galco case everyday except to work. (company policy about firearms on site you know).

ps: How the heck do you guys conceal such big guns all day long? I find in the deep south, without a jacket 11 months out of the year, that even the PPK/S is hard to keep under wraps.

Peter, In warm weather, I cover my above rig with a LL Bean "Cool Weave" short sleeve shirt, untucked, unbuttoned. I also have on a T shirt, jeans. Admittedly, very casual. A flannel or Levi long sleeve if it's cool.

Out here (SoCal), when it gets real hot, I wear a T or tank top tucked into a pair of cargo type shorts. A S&W 640 rides in a Thunderwear rig and a S&W titanium is in an Uncle Mike's nylon pocket holster. A couple speed strips rounds it out. EXTREMELY concealable and comfortable, especially for two guns, and the holsters are cheap, too. Could also be used with a pair of slacks and a tucked in button up shirt if the shorts are too casual.
I took a two day advanced pistol class wearing this rig and although I was at a disadvantage reloading, (everybody else in the class were LE with Glocks and Sam Browne rigs), my draws were just as fast with the Thunderwear, and quicker every time with the pocket holster.
I bet it would work great with your Walther, which I think is one of the best concealable autos of all time.

On duty, S.O. issued Glock 22 40
Off duty, personally-owned Glock 23 40
Back up, S&W M649 38;Occasionally, Series 70 Colt Combat Commander 45
This may change if I can add an HK P7M8 9mm to my battery.

------------------
"No man who's in the
wrong can stand against
a man who knows he's
right and keeps on
a-comin'."
Capt. Bill McDonald
Texas Rangers

Two backup Desert Eagle .50 AE's under the arms, one 12 gauge streetsweeper shorty inside the coat, and if I feel underpowered, sometimes I strap an HK MP-5 around the back. You can never be to prepared.

Everyday S&W Sigma .380. Winter or going into "bad" area add S&W 39-2 or Rugar P-89. Yes I guess I am a lighweight in my carry area. :) But then I hope never to need anything. Oh yea I also have a "cheap" one-hand opening pocket knife, penlight,and cell phone..

What I carry depends on the kind of day it is and what I'm likely to be doing.

If it's cold outside I like to carry my Springfield 1911A1 in a Sam Andrews leather shoulder rig with two spair mags.

If it's hot outside and tshirts the dress code, then I carry either a Khar 9mm or a Colt Cobra .38.

If it's a "work day" I carry a Sig P229 on my side and either the Khar or Colt on my ankle. There usually is an H&K USP compact .40 in the car and a Mosburg 590 in the rack.

------------------
_Jimbo_

Okay, I will buy into this. I am supposing the original question was in regards to concealed on your person. Depending on manner of dress, event and weather I presently carry:

SIG-Sauer P226 .357 Sig loaded with 125 grain Gold Dots.

Glock M26 9mmP with 124 grain Remington +P+ hollowpoints.

Taurus M605 .357 Magnum with 125 grain Winchester hollowpoints.

Beretta M21A .22LR with CCI Stingers.

This question also got me to thinking and reminiscing. I have carried several excellent combinations in the past. Of note were:

M1911 Gold Cups, Governments, Commanders and Officers in .45 ACP with 185 grain Winchester Silvertips, 185 grain Remington +Ps or 200 grain CCI Lawmans.

Glock M21 with CCI Lawman 200 grain hollow points.

Smith & Wesson M669 9mmP with 115 grain Winchester Silvertips.

Coonan .357 Magnum with Federal 125 grain hollowpoints (always caused a stir when exhibited).

Smith & Wesson M586 .357 Magnum four inch, Colt Python four inch, S&W M66s in three and two and a half inch. All loaded with Winchester 125 grain hollowpoints.

Smith & Wesson M60, Colt Agent (Second Generation), Colt Diamondback two and one half inch, Taurus M85S. All loaded with Winchester 158 grain SWCHP +Ps.

I won't even try to delve into the variety of different methods of concealment and/or holsters.

Take care and God bless,
Paladin

Springfield Champion .45 on right side, IWB, Benchmade Stryker left side, pepper spray coat pocket, and considering another gun (Total Titanium .45 Long Colt) in a holster I'll sew into the left side of my coat. Oh, yeah, after Christmas I'll also be sporting a Streamlight StingerXT.

[This message has been edited by Frontsight! (edited December 13, 1999).]

On weekends Jake 98c/11b plays Go Go Gadget Man...
CQC7 Folder? What happened to the we little Mini AFCK you used to carry all the time?

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
We, the people, are tired of being taxed, penalized, supervised, harassed,
and subjugated by a federal government which exceeds the powers
enumerated in the U.S. Constitution.

I carry a Taurus PT111 at times. This gun as been somewhat maligned on these boards, and I would like people to know this is 1 sweet gun. It is very accurate once you get a little practice on it, I have had NO misfires or jams with any ammo, it is lightweight, and has a 10+1 capacity.

Overall not a bad little gun.

Back