And what do YOU carry on a daily basis???

SIG P228 loaded with Federal 9BP. Carried in a Galco FLETCH model. Hoping to get a custom carry rig someday.......

Glock 30 in Waldon Holsters' open top belt slide
(model "ACR-2" seen at www.waldonholsters.com. Waldon's holsters are the best holsters I have ever owned, and they happen to sell for amazingly low prices.)

When it has to be ultra-concealed, my Glock 27 in a Belly Band (that can be seen at www.gunvideo.com .)

Always with an Emerson Commander or Benchmade Axis.

Also, always with a SureFire 3P.

Around the house (since fixed blades are not allowed out of the house by law), I carry my Mad Dog Lab Rat for general use
and usually a S&W Ti Airweight .38 snubby clipped to my skivees with the attachable clip from Clipdraw, which is just enough gun to buy time get me to my other bigger guns ;).

[This message has been edited by jdthaddeus (edited December 10, 1999).]

Always
Emmerson Commander clipped Rt.. rear pocket. NAA mini revolver .22 mag in the right front pocket with an Edge-Works quick draw PPH Kydex holster.

add to that sometimes

Springfield 1911 ultra compact V-10 (replacing glock 19) carried in EW Urban tactical IWB Kydex holster over right rear hip

Genghis (5" blade) fighter IWB cross draw Kydex sheath mounted left side

------------------
“We are the pilgrims masters; we shall go, always, a little farther. “

Yo, I gotz to be greein wit' da' rock en' hiz mad pimpin' skillz'.

My shiz' be carryin' mad tite' n' I strait up in this MoFo. What up doc!

Glock Glock, heed the following: "Get rid of that Nickel Plated Sissy Pistol and get yourself a Glock" Tommy Lee Jones

My wits ;)

backed with a Walther PPK/S in .380 when in plain clothes or a Sig P220 in uniform.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Here's my list...

Glock 20 loaded with W-W 175-grain Silvertips in a Sam Andrews horizontal shoulder holster with four spare magazines

S&W M-640 with Federal Nyclad 158-grain LSWCHP +P in Alessi ankle holster

Bud Nealy Pesh Kabz 5" defensive knife

Spyderco Police

Laser Products Surefire 6P

CASOC 5% Pepper Spray

Sony PCS Phone

- Anthony

I've only been carrying for a couple of weeks. I carry a Beretta 92FS on my right hip under a baggy jacket. Lots of folks have tried to tell me that a 92FS is too big to carry. I'm hoping to prove them wrong. For warmer weather I have one of those fanny packs that have "I'm carrying" written all over them.

Alternate between a Glock 26 carried IWB and Colt Detecive Special. Some of my friends who do not carry give me the once over to see if they can see an imprint or figure if I'm carrying. I never tell them. But most times they never pick up on the G-26.

------------------
An armed society is a polite society.

Daily? Yeah, I wish. Unfortunately, my place of work has a 'no weapons policy', so I can't carry every day. Thank goodness I'm getting laid off in another month or two (they're closing the plant). But on the days that I do, it's usually a Sig P225 and two spare magazines. I carry a combination of Winchester Black Talons (the real BT's, not the politically correct BT's) and Corbons. As soon as I get my new holster broken in, I'll be carrying the Glock 21 with 2 spare magazines loaded with Winchester SXT and Hydra-Shoks. For those REALLY warm days where clothing is minimal, an American Derringer in 9mm stuck above the family jewels, safely holstered, mind you! Other items include a lockback knife (I forget the brand offhand) and keys with attached kubotan.

Anthony, just how many spare magazines do you NEED? Somehow I get the feeling that when your local LEO needs backup, he doesn't call for SWAT. Like in the old Prince spaghetti commercial, he yells "Anthoneeeeeeeeeeee!", and you come a runnin'! :)

JDThaddeus, thanks for the website. I've been looking for a high ride holster like the ACR-2. Guess I'll have to order me one.

[This message has been edited by MissileCop (edited December 10, 1999).]

S&W Model 36 in a Mitch Rosen holster---any
thing else is uncomfortable.
I also shoot it once a month with the loaded
ammo--usually about 50 rounds.
I've never needed to use it,but I'm sure it
would do the job.

Sorry SIG, no concealed carry in my state. I sometimes slip a Smith & Wesson J-frame .38 Special in the pocket when I take out the trash, though. My Sig P228 looks pretty damn cool in its Bianchi leather shoulder rig, however. I would probably buy a mini Glock if I had a CCW permit, also, and maybe a Seecamp .32 auto. Until then, I'll make do with a large Mag-Lite, Cold Steel or Spyderco folder, or whatever else I can legally justify...at least most of the time. ;) Mrs. JackNKoch has a Colt Detective Special I would encourage her to carry. In fact , that was part of the reason for purchasing it. Short barrel revolvers are not good choices usually for teaching a beginner. They are hard to shoot accurately for a novice and the long heavy trigger and increased recoil and blast do not make it fun. But for self defense it has many practical advantages. The BG can see those hollowpoints and knows that even a lady can operate the simple double action revolver . Therefore, the woman is accurately perceived as a real threat to the BG's well being. Short barrel+large grip=good weapon retention. The trigger action makes AD/ND unlikely. After a shooting(God forbid) there is no safety one must remember to engage or need to decock before reholstering. Reasonably powerful yet small and light enough for about any imaginable carry including purse. Will fire reliably (repeatedly) against clothing and flesh at contact distance. I could probably go on. Basically I think some of these attributes are very beneficial to women who do not shoot regularly because they are less apt to be aware of their surroundings and/or mentally prepared to use deadly force than men/women who are into guns. That means the attacker could be VERY close before defensive action is taken. Remember the KISS rule and apply it.

Dear Friends,

This is an historic moment. I just typed in my password without looking for the first time. So proud.

I USED to carry a Taurus 85 .38 snubbie. Carried nicely, easy to shoot, but I just felt underpowered. Maybe I had capacity envy. Then the cylinder release came out of its groove while shooting mild rounds one day, and that gave me the excuse "It's not reliable" to sell it.

I then went to a Glock 19. Wonderful gun, hi capacity, size-efficient, indestructable. But it was just to big, both too thick and too long.

I have finally found the system that works for me. I carry a Kahr K9 stainless. It is just big enough for a full grip, just heavy enough to feel good in practice shooting, and just hi-capacity enough (7+1) that I feel confident.

I carry in a Don Hume (wonderful!) IWB clip-on leather holster, strong side, when I am not at work.

At work there is not technically a no-weapons policy, but I know it would be very much frowned-upon if the owners knew. So I carry in Thunderwear, with the gun right next to Mr. Lucky. Since this requires a two-handed draw, I go ahead and carry with an empty chamber, just to make sure Mr. Lucky stays lucky.

A buddy of mine just asked me Saturday, "What if you reach in there and pull out the wrong thing?"

My other friend smarted back, "That would be SURE to scare the badguy away!"

I truly believe that it is best for shooting (as well as family finances and marital bliss) to settle upon just one gun for carry.
Of course, what fun is that!?!

JP

------------------
Nehemiah 4:18 " ... and each of the builders wore his sword at his side as he worked."

Colt C.C.O. with Clip Draw attachment. backup-- Colt Mustang in a Brommeland pocket holster.--swiss army knife.And i leave my attitude at home.

Glock 29 with those Silvertips in a SafariLand paddle holster. Am I the only one with a 10mm around here?

------------------
Don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die.

S&W 642 and a speedloader. Soon to be a G30.

Microtech SOCOM Tanto Point

Cheap (free, actually) no name utility knife.

Surefire 6Z

I usually carry my Walther P99 in a Kydex (sic) I.W.B. holster. My baby is loaded with 115-grain Hornady Custom XTP hollow points.
I usually carry 2 spare mags,also.

---------------------
Just one gun!
Just one gun!
He** no!
He** no!
That's no fun!

MissileCop:

Be sure to tell Mark Waldon that Thaddeus sent you ;)

I have no affilitation with Mark Waldon, but have ordered from him a few times.

I have boxes and boxes of holsters from every maker on the market, and Waldon's holsters are the best of the bunch, and are the least expensive too! (Get them while they are cheap, they won't be for long!).

I used to carry a very expensive Mitch Rosen belt slide setup for my G30, but since I got an ACR-2 from Waldon, I sold the Mitch Rosen. I think that Waldon's holsters are better crafted holsters for real world use. The only thing I liked better about the Mitch rosen holster was that nifty little logo on it ;)

I would pay three times the price for Waldon's stuff (I hope he isn't reading this!).
The quality is superb, and the craftsmanship is top notch. My leather open top holsters from Waldon "snap" the gun into place like Kydex. They are so well fitted and crafted. Give them a try, if nothing else, you can't lose for the price!

www.waldonholsters.com

[This message has been edited by jdthaddeus (edited December 10, 1999).]

Back