9mm instead of 5.56 for HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
What part did you miss ? It doesn't matter if you have insurance you are still going to lose if it's not cut and dry. And most aren't.
All you are trying to do is stay alive by carrying a gun.

The younger crowd out of the military over the last 25 years or so came out with the mind-set of an AR and of course those who came up on video games. The other big thing is they are afraid of recoil.
Yep.

In addition to not knowing much they didn't hear or see on a video game or a YouTube vid, these kids (Millennials) are scared witless of real recoil ... Whereas us 'Boomers grew up shooting rifles or shotguns that kicked and had no muzzle brakes; 12ga shottys, rifles in 30-06, 300 & 375 Magnum, etc.

Sure, hand a MillenGen type your 5.56 AR, and he'll smile. Hand him an M1 Garand and he gets the shakes. Take it back and then hand him a .300 Weatherby Mk V with a pencil barrel, and he'll take off runnin' faster than a 'yote with its tail on fire. :rolleyes:

Yep.

In addition to not knowing much they didn't hear or see on a video game or a YouTube vid, these kids (Millennials) are scared witless of real recoil ... Whereas us 'Boomers grew up shooting rifles or shotguns that kicked and had no muzzle brakes; 12ga shottys, rifles in 30-06, 300 & 375 Magnum, etc.

Sure, hand a MillenGen type your 5.56 AR, and he'll smile. Hand him an M1 Garand and he gets the shakes. Take it back and then hand him a .300 Weatherby Mk V with a pencil barrel, and he'll take off runnin' faster than a 'yote with its tail on fire. :rolleyes:

I know a lot of millennials that own M1 Garands, Kar 98s, Mosins, the list goes on. They shoot them regularly and enjoy them. In fact they even specifically schedule events at local ranges to get together as a group and enjoy shooting them and the history of them. My best friend and I are both millennials by virtue of birth year (millennials are as old as 40 by definition). My first handgun was a 4” Model 19 and his was a SIG P220. 357 magnum and 45 ACP. We spent loads of time in a rock pit shooting 3” shells out of his Mossberg when we were young and bored.

My experience is stereotypes are great at reinforcing our preconceived notions, but not always indicative of reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The prosecutor was able to paint it that he used aggressive force that was unnecessary and his overworked underpaid and simply don't care public defender never picked up on it that what he did was in fact the correct procedure.
When he was sentence the Judge told him I hate to do this, but I have no choice, he knew what the prosecutor had done.
72 years old, whole life on the straight and narrow, worked, retired paid his tax's, played the game by all the rules etc.
25 years to life, a dead man walking
Lesson right there: don't go cheap on your defense lawyer, if it ever gets that far.

Another reason for lobbying for the passage of broad Castle Laws and Stand Yer Frickin' Ground doctrines (wherever you have a legal right to be), and ditching the "Duty to Retreat" lunacy still embedded older civilian defense laws. So politically ambitious anti-gun/anti-SD prosecutors can't get away with this obvious travesty of justice.

Sure, hand a MillenGen type your 5.56 AR, and he'll smile. Hand him an M1 Garand and he gets the shakes. Take it back and then hand him a .300 Weatherby Mk V with a pencil barrel, and he'll take off runnin' faster than a 'yote with its tail on fire.

Sir, I am a millennial. If you would like to provide all the .300 Weatherby ammo I would be happy to make you wish you hadn't said that.

Painting an entire age group with any particular sentiment regarding recoil does not seem all the realistic without some significant evidence to back that up. I see young people (25 to 35) shooting 303's, 308's, 7.5 and 762x54 all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back