45 recommendations p!ease

Cowboyfromhell

I live in a 10 rd. Max capacity state and I am curious to what's out there nowadays. I own a p220 and 5" 1911. Just want something smaller and lighter with as many bullets I can get. Thanx in advance folks.

I am living in people's republic of kalifornia, I am looking at Glock 30 and 36 gen 3(only gen 3 allowed). I rather have DA/SA, but the ones allow in Kalif are very expensive and very few. Can't tell you any detail as I am shopping for one.

Commander 1911s are usually nice. Look to Dan Wesson, if you have a good sized budget.
For a more utilitarian approach, the Glock 30 series (base, S, or SF) might be worth a look.

I have a Kahr P45 and use 1911 MecGar 7 round magazines in it. It's 26 ounces loaded at 7+1.
The glocks are too fat for me. I have a Glock 21 chopped to glock 19 size, but it is the slide width that is too bulky.

No longer available new, but look at/for an alloy version of the Para-Ordnance P12.45 (3-1/2" barrel) or P10.45/Warthog (3" barrel). The "native" capacity for the P12 is 12 rounds, but they sold it as a 10-round model for California and there should be plenty of ten-round magazines available. The P10/Warthog only came as a 10rounder.

Recently bought a HK45c that I've become enamored with. Glock 19 sized with 8 rounds and 10 round extended. Only weighs like 4 oz more too.

I've only had one range trip but once I got myself figured out I turned in some groups my 1911s struggle to hold, handles recoil better than my steel 1911s I think as well (though I'm not 100% on that, need to do some direct comparisons).

Other options would be the M&P series, XD series or Beretta PX4.

Springfield XDs 9mm. 9+1 rounds, lightweight and totally reliable.
I carry an XDs .45 and recommended the same gun in 9mm for my grandson.

The M&P45s are all really nice, and all of them are 10 rounds or less in terms of magazine capacity, so any one of them could fit your needs.

The Shield is the smallest and lightest, yet by all accounts is very easy to control.

Another vote for the LW commander with Wilson magazines. I carry a Dan Wesson Vigil Commander. I also have a Glock G30SF, but I'm more accurate with the DW.

Witness Polymer Carry 45 ACP, 10+1
https://palmettostatearmory.com/eaa-corp-tanfoglio-witness-polymer-carry-45-acp-pistol-2-tone-600245.html

Or Witness Polymer 45 ACP

They are DA/SA, and also have them in steel versions.
On top of that, you can buy slides for other caliber conversions: 9mm and 10mm
attachment.php

attachment.php

If you want smaller, look at their "carry" or "compact" versions, but they have less capacity (8+1 I think)

Attachments

• Witness Polymer Carry 45.jpg
    Witness Polymer Carry 45.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 437
  • witness carry.jpg
    witness carry.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 440
Glock 30
HK45c (10 rounds with elephant foot mags)
USPc (10 rounds with elephant foot mags)
M&P .45

Of those if it were my money I would go USPc .45 with the HK45c coming in a VERY close second and the G30 in 3rd, but I like DA/SA. If you dig strikers it’s really hard to beat a Glock 30.

OP needs to specify what state he's living since his state already limited to 10 rounds. If he live in kalif like me, Shield.45 is NOT an option.

Back