4 O’Clock vs Appendix pros and cons

Carry where ever , how ever it is comfortable.

It doesn't much matter...anytime you have a gun down your pants and trigger off a shot....
It's going to hit something tender and hurt...best option is remove the gun from pants before pulling trigger ,

I've been looking at my IWB N82 (nate squared) to the 2 o'clock it has a full cover over the trigger. The pro is that is is tight to my body and hides pretty well with my PPS single stack. The con is that the twist to release from the holster is towards my body so the 8 round magazine has potential to snag on extraction.

AIWB always. Quicker presentation and for security reasons. image.jpegThis is a Kay-Bar TDI law enforcement knife. For lack of better words it is a weapon retention tool. Say someone grabs your gun in a struggle you lock their hand to the holstered gun which is right in front of you. The Kay-Bar is carried weak side and is meant to be drawn by weak hand. It can be used to slash forearm of assailant which is locked to the holstered gun by your strong hand. If that doesn't work knife can be targeted at more vital areas such as neck and face. Assailant will lose all interest in acquiring your firearm. No one gets shot only serious lacerations.

If I know I'm going to be seated for a very long time, I'll sometimes switch from AIWB to 4:00 carry, though it's not my preference. Recently I was driving and had it at 4:00, got out for a quick stop in a gas station. Someone who was kind of squeezing past me in an aisle -- for whatever reason -- put their hand I my hip to push past, directly on the thing that's supposed to remain concealed.

Surprised me -- wasn't expecting it -- showed no reaction and kept walking, but it did remind me of another reason why I prefer AIWB. It's much easier to protect, and to keep people from pushing against.

* * * It doesn't much matter...anytime you have a gun down your pants and trigger off a shot ... It's going to hit something tender and hurt...best option is remove the gun from pants before pulling trigger.

Always good advice, but if there's a preferred location for an ND while carrying, .. remember that whereas 4 o'clock carry is merely uncomfortable, carrying at 'junk-point' can result in the immediate 'loss-age of sausage' and related attachments in proximity thereto. :eek:

Word to the wise. ;)

Back