357 snub

If you could buy any snub(2-2.5") in 357 magnum, what would you buy and why?
Price is no object. What's important is the revolver & how well it should shoot.
Including ease of trigger pull, ease of reloading and overall that it will preform now as well in 20 years when I give it to my Godson.

I'd recommend the SP 101 Ruger in 3 1/8' bbl config. Full House .357's in small package are an acquired taste but the Ruger makes it easier.

I have three 357mag snubbies.. A Taurus 605 Stainless steel a S&W 340 and a
Ruger LCR 357 ...

I guess if I could have one fall out of the sky .. It would be the Kimber ... From what I have read its a game changer

No Korth or Dan Wesson for me. I'll go with a simple 8-shot S&W 327. Why?
'Cause I love 8-shot revolvers.

Hmmm, Christmas is around the corner. I might just treat myself 'cause I've been good. :)

Last edited:
Ruger SP101. Strong and heavy in the right way.

Lighter .357 snubs will be very snappy and even if someone is capable of dealing with that recoil, hot .357 ammo can still have bullets jump crimp in the light guns. The SP101 is heavy enough it has a higher probability of preventing that.

A nice tight model 66 S&W. The older ones are skyrocketing up in price and you can have a lot of use out of it as it gains in value. I have a SP-101 as well as a 66, and the Ruger doesn't really hold a candle to the S&W.

Easy choice, for me, either a Smith and Wesson model 19 or model 66. Six rounds of ,357 Magnum ammo in a package that's small enough to carry daily, but feels like a real gun in your hand.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 66
I will vote for the Kimber or the 627 UDR. I love how the Kimber is like carrying a j frame but the bigger 627 is harder to carry due to its size but is 8 shots. I guess the perfect ballance between the two would be my 65 Lady Smith.:rolleyes:

I have S&W J-frame and K-frame .357 snubbies; Ruger Service and Security Six 2-3/4" .357s as well as Colt Python 2-1/2" and Lawman MkII 2". Could I keep only one "short barrel" .357 it would likely be the S&W M-65 3". I don't have one (yet) but the L-frame 3" 686+ is looking good, however.

Given your intended purposes, gotta go with a S&W 686+. If I also wanted one for CCW, I'd choose a S&W 640 Pro, but my 686+ is much easier to shoot.

A S&W Model 66.

2013-02-14T01-41-18.jpg

My "new" 1970 19-3 .357 snubby Combat Magnum is about perfect, my constant off duty companion. I bought this recently in almost new condition... I doubt more than a cylinder or two had been fired and it has never been carried judging from the grips and bluing. I have owned many in the past and let them slip away, but THIS one I won't let go! Love those classic S&W's!!! But, that 686 2.5 pictured above is mighty tempting, hole or otherwise!! That is a SWEET piece of SS steel! 7 shots too!

Back