.327 Federal Club thread

Geez Hammer...I've enjoyed your pics and commentary over the years...get me in the will please...you've got some great guns...and that, my friend, is one fine target...I've got a 16-4 with a 4" bbl that I've considered reboring to the longer .327 Federal round...who did the work for you..reboring the cylinder that is? Nice post> Rodfac

Hello Rodfac
The caliber conversion was done here in East Tennessee by Hamilton Bowen. The cost was $95.00 and all he need's is the cylinder and crane assembly to perform it...;) Hammer It

Is this the longest thread ever?,,, I can fix it!

forgetthis.gif

People make fun of this thread... but this thread is the friendlies thread to TFL Forums, maybe ever.

There's not a lot of interest in .327 Federal, we all know that. Compared to 9mm or .45, it's very very small.

It's pretty cool that we keep almost ALL of the current chatter all in this one tidy place. Sure, it's 15 pages (well, I don't know where your settings are at, it's 15 for me) but it's all right here.

Unlike "Glock", "1911", "foty cal", it's not every 3rd or 4th thread, it's not a new thread on the same topic that's hardly different than the last one.

This is exactly how it should be for something with as (comparatively) little traffic as the .327.

I like this thread! :D

If worse came to worse ... could I rebore the barrel of my SP101 .327 to .357 and swap in a new cylinder? (Altho I see that Clearwater reboring claims Ruger SS revolver barrels are a bitch to rebore.)

It is a cartridge invented to fill but one or two needs. The need to sell more and different ammo by Federal and revolvers by Ruger. It does nothing for anyone else.

amazing

It is a cartridge invented to fill but one or two needs. The need to sell more and different ammo by Federal and revolvers by Ruger. It does nothing for anyone else.

Simply amazing that someone can reach thru the internet and know my mind and shoot my gun.

I just can't figure that with this ability why someone would waste time here.
I would be winning the lottery and healing the sick. :D

.327 vs. .357

Ya know the arguments put forth on this one are nearly word for word (minus caliber of course) the same debate as my .450 Marlin vs. .45-70. Who would a thunk it?

Ya know the arguments put forth on this one are nearly word for word (minus caliber of course) the same debate as my .450 Marlin vs. .45-70. Who would a thunk it?

Nah. The .450 vs .45-70 debate doesn't include a difference in bore size.
It's more of a "classic vs modern" debate; where the .327 vs .357 debate seems to be more about penis size, caliber, chamber pressure, and bullet weight.

People make fun of this thread... but this thread is the friendlies thread to TFL Forums, maybe ever.
You're all a bunch of blissanninies, and I...oh. Sorry. Typo. The keys are, like, right next to each other. :)

This is a great thread. Or rather, it was, until HammerIt showed up with his Model 16. I may blow a good chunk of change tracking one down and doing the conversion. Geez, thanks...

This is a great thread. Or rather, it was, until HammerIt showed up with his Model 16. I may blow a good chunk of change tracking one down and doing the conversion. Geez, thanks...

Hello Tom
I Like being the main Topic in heated Marital Bliss arguements...;) The Key is making the wife understand once you are gone, These fine S&W classics will bring her Ton's of $$$$$$$....:D

federal327Magnumre-loadtesting004.jpg

federal327Magnumre-loadtesting014.jpg

federal327Magnumre-loadtesting012.jpg

Yep, but I want a 6-shot K-Frame. Hammer It isn't helping. What he doesn't realize is that I'm single, so I've got nobody to tell me "we can't afford that." :o

While .327 may fall to the wayside to some extent, I'd still have a nice target gun for my .32 Long loads.

Yep, but I want a 6-shot K-Frame. Hammer It isn't helping. What he doesn't realize is that I'm single, so I've got nobody to tell me "we can't afford that."

While .327 may fall to the wayside to some extent, I'd still have a nice target gun for my .32 Long loads

Hello Tom
Well, Then here is one all you need to do is call the dealer that has it slide the Plastic and Four day's later it will be in your FFL Guys hands. These also fire .32 S&W, .32 H&R Magnum and .32 S&W Long, so once they are converted to fire the Federal .327 Magnum cartridge you have a Four Cartridge gun all in One... Get Ya One...;) Hammer It

http://www.gunsinternational.com/SMITH-WESSON-MODEL-16-4.cfm?gun_id=100221777

i want one now also. im going to have to stop looking at this thread. Out of the 4 inch barrel the .327 100 gr american eagle jsp is doing 1604 fps 571 fpe.
I already have a number of 32 H&R and 32 S&W Long as well as the 632-2 .327 and a top break 32 S&W.

Sorry if this is a repost, but I think that the .327 mag and the LCR are a match made in heaven. Six shots of hotter ammo. Two options for lower pressure training rounds. Less felt recoil.
Just a question from an ignorant n00b but could they use the polymer frame LCR or would they have to use the steel like the .357?

I hope it doesn't die?!?

I've got all 3 of the Rugers in 327Mag....Blackhawk, GP100, SP101.

They're all well made guns, but I won't need to go into the fact that Rugers are well built guns.

For me, the process of getting a 327 came about purely by accident. A couple of years ago, I was at the gun shop and I saw a nice looking Blackhawk. When the clerk told me it was chambered in 327, I almost put it down. But he showed me the amount of ammo they had on stock, and offered me a good price on it with a few boxes of discounted ammo.

I'm so glad I bought it. That cartridge is fast! Recoil is mild, and you can put more rounds in it than in a similar sized 357.

Sometimes, my gun shop is out of ammo, and other times, they're overflowing with it. Similar to everything else, I guess. I've been the deciding factor for at least two other men who bought them based upon my recommendations. One man wanted a gun for his wife (SP101) and another man wanted a nice single action bigger than a Single Six that wasn't going to kick all that much, and he ended up with a Blackhawk.

I can't think it will ever die. My guess is that it'll be like the 41Mag....a nice cartridge with a devoted following which remains under appreciated by the majority of shooters.

Glenn E. Meyer said
" They better not make one - because then I would want to buy one. Would I then keep my 432 - it's only 32 HR Mag? Sigh."

Glenn, I think the little 432 will still have its place. Its Airweight J frame format is the ultimate go-everywhere cargo pocket CC/BUG and excels for the round in.a format I'm not too sure I'd want to fire a .327 out of anyway. There's a reason S&W is focusing on steel (stainless) for its J .327s. I too see a .327 (or two or...) in my future in the form of a 632, SP101 and/or converted Single Six. Nevertheless, I think an LCR would be a no brainer for Ruger and something that I've gotta believe is in the chute.

Back