2 men attempt strongarm robbery on CCW

The gent at the gas station really didnt have time to warn the attacker to stay back. When the BG started conversing with him, he was already within 1-2 feet. This puts it into perspective how easily one can be caught off gaurd. I think I would have walked around to the other side of the vehicle and quitely pocketed my gun. If the BG stuck to me like glue then I would at least know his intent and move to plan B. Whatever that may be.

The vidio with the police attempting to subdue the BG armed with a knife was difficult to watch. The only one that should have been injured is the BG.
Why on earth would so many armed officers put themselves in a position to be in harms way.
And then there's the aftermath. Total confusion, lack of official transportation etc. etc.
I am thankful to live in the good ol U.S.A.

Secguru: You are captive to nothing. If you live in an area where you are scared to fill up your gas tank after sundown, you might want to consider moving.

I do a lot of traveling between Central Florida, Atlanta, Chattanooga and NE Georgia. This covers a large area. Believe me - you need to be concerned about filling up your gas tank, especially after dark. I hate to use the term "zombie" - but that's what crack-heads are, and they are everywhere.

(nefprotector's video is somewhat of a thread hijack, but....)

Please be warned -- there is some very graphic and disturbing content contained herein. The violence begins at roughly seven minutes in. I don't know if this video has been discussed in another TFL thread. If so, please direct me to the right place.

tyrant

The vidio with the police attempting to subdue the BG armed with a knife was difficult to watch. The only one that should have been injured is the BG.
Why on earth would so many armed officers put themselves in a position to be in harms way.
And then there's the aftermath. Total confusion, lack of official transportation etc. etc.
I am thankful to live in the good ol U.S.A.

I agree. This was very difficult to watch -- always sobering to watch a life being taken, and it's maddening to see such poor tactics/techniques/procedures by the local law enforcement.

I don't know if this video has been discussed in another TFL thread. If so, please direct me to the right place.

The knife attack video was discussed in this thread:
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450786&highlight=knife

It seems the main relevance that video has to this one is that the CCW in this one is lucky that his attacker did not have a knife since it is difficult to maintain a 21 foot exclusion zone in a public place.

In correction to my initial post, I must point out that one of the scumbags denies on his Facebook page that they are crackheads. He wishes to clarify that they were drinking Jager and using cocaine and not at all crackheads,

Goes to that foreign mindset thing again I guess...

Is being a Cokehead any better than being a Crackhead? Please, somebody with experience chime in.
Haha, I thought the same thing (in reference to the facebook pictures). The attitude of his friends/family makes me more and more motivated to carry as much as possible.

Being a cokehead is marginally better than being a crackhead, but it's a little like the sort of question my brother enjoyed asking when he was little: "Would you rather be shot in the head or in the stomach?"

(I hasten to add that I don't speak from personal experience here -- but I've known quite a few people who worked with addicts, and that seemed to be the general opinion.)

But, jeez... assaulting someone, posting about it on Facebook, and then including details about one's blood chemistry at the time of the assault, seems like a new height of stupidity.

part of our budget(so far a sucka)

I got punked by mega millions and win4life. I pay once a yr online(my state allows this). I am automatically compensated when I win anything. I don't miss a draw - powerball isn't online so sometimes I buy 13 week(26draw) tickets.

Go back to the beginning of the thread adn find the Ohio CCW forum link. They have screen captures of the guy's Facebook page. He eventually caught on and made it private, so one of them friended him, got access, and kept getting the goods.:D The thread is 18 pages. Take a load off and read it all.

youngunz4life

You need to be a member of Facebook to see them, I happen to Not be an FB person, so I have to read the reactions from people on here.

You do NOT need to be a member to read the original thread here:
http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53502

Starts on page 7.
ie:
Facebook3.png

Back