Your favorite pocket gun

When I carry A pocket gun it's my NAA Garden in 380ACP or better yet one of my Makarov's PM in 9x18 Makarov. I load it with Russian 109gr FMJ. This round is milsurp. It has some nice pop it it hot round. This round will penetrate well & get the job done. In 380acp in the NAA Garden would use +P Hard cast. Again I want to get it to penetrate as far possible. Don't need it bigger if it does not go deeper.

Ruger LCR.

Maybe it's my favorite pocket gun because it's my only pocket gun, but I like it enough that I haven't seen a need to go looking for a different one.

I have a lot of pocket pistols. I like little handguns. I carry an RM380 most of the time. I have tried several pocket 380s and found the RM380 to be my favorite. I do carry my P32 or Black Widow at the gym or walking the dogs.

Yeah my current pocket gun is the LCP II. Love it and so easy to rapid fire with the new trigger they put in the 2nd gen LCP. I of course had it coated. This thing does with me everywhere. If I can't carry my normal CCW which is a P30sk then this is in my pocket or I also have a kydex holster for it and if I am able to carry my CCW it is actually on my left side as a BUG.

IMG_20170204_180207_zpsqoftbrkt.jpg

Now my wife, she did not like the punch on the 380 so I opted to get her a 32 in the Kel Tec P32. She had to have it coated as well though after seeing mine.

IMG_20170224_181833_zpsznukyx6c.jpg

Avid Pocket gun shooter. Went through 4 LCP's and then found the Pico and never looked back. I was so impressed that after 500 rounds of flawless operation on all kinds of ammo, I bought a second one. Very very mild shooters, no high five slap, steel frame, modular, etc. Now 1200 rounds through the first one over 500 the second one and no hiccups.
ordere a Khar CW380 should arrive first of next week. Be interesting to see how it fares to the Pico.

RG-25.

Don't laugh.

It fit perfectly in a 1970's Texas Instruments calculator case and never attracted anyone's suspicion. This was, after all, long before concealed carry became a thing for the masses.

I still own the gun and I have had to use it to defend myself on two occasions, so it has a permanent place in my heart.

My favorite pocket guns are either the Ruger .357 LCR or S&W Model 36, both stoked with 158gr LSWCHP. When I can't wear a jacket or coat, these will carry nicely in my Wranglers right front pocket and I don't feel under gunned.
Now, if we're talking about a back-up gun (i.e. I have a big old .357 under my coat), then I will carry my NAA 1-5/8" barrel .22mag in one of my other pockets.

Since I only have one pocket gun it has to be my favorite. Haven't had a reason to replace it in the last 10+ years. Keltec P3AT.

It's always in my pocket at home and when out and about with my normal CCW (G26 IWB).

S&W 638.

This ugly humpback model has been my carry piece for many years. I carry it in a pocket holster and it has never been detected as far as I know. The now popular baggy cargo shorts are great for concealed carry in the summer time. No worry about printing at all.

Totally snag free draw also.:)

As I mentioned, owned 4 lcp's, found the Pico and fell in love with it. My Kahr CW380 arrived and have to say I love it. Will be a contender with the two Pico's I own. Mild, shooter as well and great quality.

I must either wear my pants too tight or need larger pockets. There is no way that I could conceal a J- frame sized revolver or semi-auto in my pants pocket. I typically wear Carharrt, Wrangler or Key jeans. The only two handguns that I own that I could pocket carry without people noticing would be my NAA .22LR Mini or my Davis D22 Derringer. Both of which I have carried loaded with CCI Stingers.

I have a S&W 360J that is light enough but still too bulky to hide in either front or back jeans pockets.

YMMV!

Just be careful if using hollow points. You can have a "rim lock" situation, believe me it can happen, happen to me at the range thank God not in a real fight situation. If you never heard of it I urge you to google it.

My "favorite" pocketable (holstered) handgun is a toss up between the S&W J-frame (5-shot snub) and the Ruger LCP.

I have more than half a dozen J's, but only a pair of LCP's, and I've had a lot more years experience with the J's (and I'm a longtime revolver shooter). I didn't start adding the LCP to my range time and training until 2012, so they're a relatively recent addition.

As much as I like shooting and using the assorted J's, I added the LCP's (after 25 years of not wanting to own any .380's) because I can pocket holster one in many jeans where the front pockets are too short or tight to let me carry a snub revolver.

I like sometimes adding one or another of my NAA Minim .22LR/MAG revolvers, but those are more in the way of an "Onion Field" type hide-out weapon of last resort.

if I have to pocket carry to be discrete, the weight of the gun is not the issue, its the size.

here is my LWS32 next to a Beretta Bobcat for size comparison, and of course the old stand-by, an airweight J frame.

Back