Your Favorite 44mag

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first is still my favorite: 29 6"

I've added a Magna Classic with a 7" bbl, and two Ruger Bisley-Vaquero's in .44, but I'm still in love with that 29!

Tamara

Which model is that and what is the barrel length? It looks like my 629-5 but mine has a non-fluted cylinder.

John

Since we're posting pics...

Any excuse will do for me:)

dw2.jpg

My new Ruger

Well I got my new 44mag. It is a used Super Blackhawk 4 5/8" barrel SS target gray, magnum ported, trigger job, and a Leupold M8-2x20mm scope and mounts.

I shot it on Saturday. It is more accurate then I am. I just have to get used to the scope and cowboy style. The trigger job is so light that all you have to do is breath on it and it will shoot.

John

Spin off question

Here is a spin off question to my “what is your favorite 44mag?”

The new question is what are some of the best 44mag revolver manufacturers? I know about S&W, Ruger and Taurus but what are some of the better lesser known ones?

I might need to start a new topic with this one in order to get more responses but I thought I would try here first.

John

Freedom Arms likely has one of the best if not the best 44 made today. One of the most expensive too, but very very good.

ABSO-FRIGGIN-LUTELY!!

Yes, they are worth it. Short throw action, front crane lock, the strongest revolver you can buy, and swapable barrel assemblies in a true tack-driving target pistol.

The website lists MSRP. Nobody pays MSRP do they?
Mine was $490 (744/4")
+$375 for 8" VLS/DT barrel assembly.
+$70 for Hogue Cocobolo monogrip.

Beats filling Bill "no honest man needs more than 10" Rugers pockets. The Redhawk is the only pistol even close to the DW in strength; but not in accuracy.

"Arminius... This sounds more like a violin manufacturer than a gunmaker However, a "Hombre" now that's a good name for a big bore revolver. As in "A'm gonna whip out ma' Hombre and teach you a lesson..."

Ha Ha!! You know you're right it does sound rather sissified, except Arminius was a German warrior who kicked the fecal matter out of a Roman legion. The Weinrach folks make Arminius and supposedly some sh** hot air rifles. $125 = bargain.

You know you're right it does sound rather sissified, except Arminius was a German warrior who kicked the fecal matter out of a Roman legion.

Actually, he kicked the stuffing out of three Roman legions in the battle of Teutoburg forest. He ambushed the legions in the forest where they could not use their tactical superiority and fight as a closed formation.

YEAH, BUT HE'S DEAD NOW, RIGHT?

Suggest sticking with Ruger, Colt, or WESSON for big booming wheels.

I prefer Ruger Redhawks, because I like them.
I also noticed custom gun makers use them as the base platform for their extreme guns.
Bowen, Linebaugh, Reeder, Stroh, Weigand...........

JohnK

I would hope that Freedom Arms makes a good revolver, they sure do cost a bunch. They are even more then the Dan Wesson.

I went to there website (Freedom Arms) and was not very impressed. I am a web programmer, maybe I should send them a resume. They might let me work for guns.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back