Your Favorite 44mag

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfj2

In a few weeks I will be looking into getting a new 44mag revolver (maybe a 357mag but I have not yet decided). So what is your favorite 44mag? The 44mags that I have now are Taurus Raging Bull 6.5" barrel, S&W 629-5 3" barrel and a Derringer Cowboy Defender.

John

bfj2

I have the bond arms texas defender .45lc/.410. Have you shot the 44mag. If so how was the recoil. Recoil on mine is ok both .45lc and .410 seem to give same recoil. I don't have any .44mag i usually shoot .45lc in revolver and derringer

Ruger Redhawk 5.5'' barrel. An impulse buy but the price was right. Not the most attractive of handguns but it sure is rugged.

SINCE YOU ASKED

5.5" stainless Redhawk.
Used for ammo-testing, hunting, carry, and IPSC/USPSA competition ('cause Wilson told me it was too big to carry, and now they changed the rules, too).

Stunningly accurate, handles any sane load (mine revisited factory for repair after insane load), perfect balance, handy size, great trigger (yes, great trigger in both modes).

Modified from stock with Millett orange-ramp front blade and Pachmayr Decelerators.
HKS speedloaders for carry and competition, worn in Sparks HSR for both.

Will last forever.
Perfect.
For me.

S&W 629-5 Classic, with a 5" tube. Would make for a
nice companion piece with your 3".

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

I've got a 5.5" Ruger Redhawk and I love it. Right out of the box it shoots great. I got it the stainless steel model at a gun show 2 months ago for $ 419.

I have a Redhawk 7-1/2" and a Dan Wesson 44 8" in .44 mag., but I really like the Bisley balance of a 5-1/2" barrell and grip style, just wish it was a double action.

By the way, I know Weshoot2 likes hot ammo, but shooting less than full house (250gr @ 1000-1100fps) in DA revolvers is a blast!
Most of you will probably agree that if you reload a DA revolver in 44mag is very hard to beat for a "do it all" gun.

Scarborough, I couldn't think of a better choice of words for this ol' gun (a smiley face would be posted here but dumb ol' me can't drag'em over). How I got the Hombre is a story that bores even me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back