Your favorite 3 rifles.

1) LMT MWS - the ultimate AR10 platform with interchangeable barrels. With aftermarket barrels/extensions now quietly available, this is a no-brainer best in class gun. Accuracy is sub-MOA unlike almost all other big autos.

2) Custom stocked Browning 1886 chambered in .45-90. There's something about a lever action that can match the old .404 Jeffrey or .450/400 nitro express that just demands respect. The .45-90 will throw a 425 grain monolithic solid at 2060 ft/s with no problem. That's enough oompfh to use as a client or even stopping rifle on any game on earth. It even has tolerable recoil amazingly enough. Oh, and did I mention that it's actually accurate - I've gotten numerous sub-MOA groups with the Skinner peep sights. I can't do it every time, but I can get MOA or close about 90% of the time, and it IS a lever gun with irons and a heavy hunting trigger.

3) Winchester M70 Supergrade in 7mm mag. For me personally, this is the ideal hunting rifle. Light enough I'm willing to carry it, but heavy enough that the 7mm mag isn't unpleasant. Shoots sub-MOA even with partitions (not the most accurate bullet in the world). 7mag is great for nearly all North American game except for bison and the great bears - neither of which I have much in the way of prospects to get a tag for.

Honorable mention: Ruger 10/22 light varmint target. Not a GREAT rifle, but the best practice rifle for field shooting I've found. Accuracy is acceptable (MOA-ish) with mini mags and POI stability with a sling is good enough. It's cheap enough that I don't mine loaning it to people and a few folks have learned to shoot on it.

Hmmm... well today at least;

1. 1943 Smith Corona 03-A3 .30-06 Sprg. A professionally done sporter from 1960's.

2. Marlin 444P Outfitter

3. Howa 1500 24" HB Varmint .223 Rem.

1. K98 Mauser 8mm. It gets the bleeping job done. It's like a mosin, but with less jamming, I hell of a loud bang, good truck gun.

2. My .22 savage model 64. My job doesn't give me a lot of time for hunting. Good gun to sit at an open window facing my backyard woods and get a few squirrels,

3. My edc glock 40. Enough said, it's a glock.

I love'em all!!

That being said;
1. Springfield M1903 with lyman iron peep sights. .30-06, love the echo where I live, and I am DEAF!

2.Ruger Mini-30 all black.

3. 1961 Browning A5 Featherlight 12

someone like's their cheap commie rifles ;)
for me
1. my home build AR15 in 6.5 grendel, it's heavy, it's clunky, it's not overly pretty, but it has trouble shoot groups larger than an inch and has netted me 3 deer and an elk in the last 2 years I've had it up an running for hunting season.

2. the one that gets shot the most, that would have to be my SKS. I have tons of ammo for it and super cheap ammo at that. it's light, it's got good sights(none of which is factory) and it's been 100% reliable. I did a little hunting with it but was never given the opportunity for a shot.

3. the one that I will never part with that gorgeous lady who has been through a lot but is accurate, and fun as heck to shoot, is my type 44 Arisaka carbine. she doesn't get shot a lot because of ammo cost and the fact that I have to reload everything for it, but it's got a special place near and dear to me that no other rifle does.

I also like cheap commie guns.

Currently I only own 1 rifle, a Yugoslavian M70 N-PAP AK in 7.62x39. I enjoy shooting it more than anything I've owned.

Top 3.

1. Yugo N-PAP 7.62x39mm

2. Russian M91/30 that I worked on a little. The first rifle I ever bought. Still kicking myself for selling it. Cost $90 at the time.

3. Mixed parts AR-15 20". No love for this but I enjoyed watching my wife shoot it. I do not own it anymore.

Winchester model 70 stainless classic in 30.06

Winchester model 70 stainless classic in .375 H&H

Remington model 700 (1962) in 30.06 with a Timney trigger/safety.

For their beauty Henry's H009B 30-30, the Golden Boy 22, though not a rifle Ruger Stainless Vaquero .357

For accuracy, (not commie, but cheap)
My first purchase in 1977, Revelation 100 30-30. Most productive Whitetail rifle.
My most spontaneous puchase, a sub $200 Marlin XT-22. Dead nuts accurate to 50yds and eats anything.
Ruger 10/22 Takedown with Red Dot scope, with a swapped out wooden stock.

Guess I'm old school and love iron sights. Have a Redfield 3-9x40 Revolution I haven't been able to commit the percieved sin of mounting on the Henry 30-30.:D

OK my three don't have a whole lot of diversity but I only really hunt deer and hogs so here they are.
Tikka T3 Stainless 6.5x55. Absolute TACK DRIVER! Light weight, super smooth action, crisp trigger, there really is not anything bad you could ever say about it. Drops everything it hits like a bad habit.
Browning A-Bolt 7mm-08. Accurate as hell and just darn fun to shoot. I bought it for a low recoil guest gun/truck gun but fell in love with it.
Winchester 70 Featherweight 308. Beautiful rifle, perfect fit and finish, fantastic design, performs like a champ every time.
Yeah I have magnums and larger rifles, and automatics, but those three are the ones I reach for 90% of the time. They are all light, slim, smooth, accurate, and chambered in a mild recoiling hunting caliber.

My new favorite:

Weatherby vanguard s2 in 257 wby mag. Love everything about this gun.

Old reliable:

Remington 700 ADL stainless and camo synthetic stock in 270 win. No matter what I know I can take this gun out and harvest an animal.

Fun to shoot:

M1 garand .30 cal carbine

My 3 fav's today!

#1 - 1909 Argentine Cavalry Carbine (7.65x53 Mauser)

#2 - 1951 Savage M-99 (.300 Savage)

#3 - Marlin 375 (336) in .375 Winchester

that same question next week might get 3 other responses :D

My 3 favorites come in sets:

Leverguns:

Rossi M92 24" Rifle in 357mag: Target tang and globe front sight for 300yd steel shooting with a pistol bullet.

DSCN2840.jpg

Uberti 1866 19" Yellowboy Carbine in 45 Colt: Great 45 Colt plinker and with the flip sight good aim points for 100, 200, 300, and 400yds.

IMG_20140124_164944_297.jpg

Winchester M88 Rifle in .308: Great deer and elk hunter and an absolutely gorgeous rifle.

DSCN4040.jpg

Semi Auto Military Rifles:

M1 Garand: Classic 30 Cal rifle. What can I say that hasn't already been said besides that one is never enough?

DSCN8858.jpg

M1A/M14: Much like the M1 Garand but my Basic Training Rifle.

emlz0hkn.jpg

M1 Carbine: Classic 30 Cal carbine. What can I say that hasn't already been said besides that one is never enough either?

DSCN8779.jpg

Plinking and Long Range 'Apple Shooters':

Ruger Mini-14 Ranch Rifle: Absolutely great .223/5.56 plinker. Compact, reliable design that's a ton of fun to shoot.

20151122_084819_zpsfh704ffa.jpg

RRA AR15 Apple Shooter: My custom Rock River AR with real walnut furniture and custom walnut pistol grip. With a 12x scope, I use it to shoot apples at 400+yds.

DSCN2807.jpg_zpsedhmxp7h.jpg

Even though I also have a RRA middy lightweight AR, I'm not fond of aluminum and plastic rifles so it's more of a hanger queen.

1. My late grandfather's Krag-Jorgensen
- Have yet to shoot it, but it fits me really well. It may be
sporterized, but it wasn't no bubba butchery.

2. Remington 522 Viper
- A bit of an obscure .22, but the way it shoots and runs is rather
interesting

3. One that I don't own, but plan to, M1 Garand. I may be young, but I am rather a fanboy of WWII small arms.

I love lever actions, especially in .22 LR.

Here are my three favorites at the moment,

Winchester 9422
Uberti Silverboy
Henry Golden Boy

One of these days I hope to add a Browning BL-22 and Marlin 39M Mountie.

Back