Your favorite 3 rifles.

3 Favorites that I currently own:
Sako Finnbear AIII - .30-06 w/ Nikon Monarch 4-12x40ao
CZ 527 Varmint - .223 w/ Bushnell Elite 2400 6-24x40ao
CZ 452 Varmint - .17HMR w/ Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40sf

My favorites vary with my current interests. Currently I am really interested in foreign military stuff and I have about fifty different rifles so it is hard to pick just three:

Very early pre ban Valmet M62
IMG_4857-XL.jpg

Daewoo K2; utilizes design elements from the AR15, AK47 and FAL.
IMG_4699-XL.jpg

Romanian PSL54c
IMG_4240-XL.jpg

Honorable mention goes to my Tokarev SVT40.
IMG_4521-XL.jpg

I have very little use for, or interest in, bolt action rifles unless they can take a bayonet and were used in a war.

I have to limit my selection to rifles I've fire to date. I haven't had a chance to get my 336BL or my 1895 yet, so here's my list in no particular order.

Mossberg model 44 trainer
'92 lever action
Savage 110C.

My absolute favorite rifle is a Lee–Enfield No. 4 Mk 2 That I restored to like new condition for the range. Bubba had destroyed the finish on the receiver and stock so no collector value was lost.

2nd is my mix-master M30 carbine followed by any one of my AR15

Favorites?

My three M1 Garands
My Soviet SKS
My Colt M4gery

Now my Ruger 10/22 and Kimber82G are jealous. These threads always do that.

> Valmet M62

I'm jealous. That's my favorite Valmet. If I owned it, it would be my favorite too.

Favorite three that I currently own...

- Marlin/Glenfield 30-30. My first new gun purchase in 1976.

- My latest AR15 build.

- Marlin 60 Stainless Steel .22

I don't have favorites. Have a couple I use more than the others if that applies.

1. 1980s Rem 700_ Mtn Rifle /wood stock 270 win Leupold Vari-X 3 _3.5x10 light weight & accurate.

2. 1935 Win 94_30-wcf _ Factory Iron Sights_ Shoots only G/C Cast or Paper Patched. (Factory ordered accessory /Scabbard Stock)

3. 1980s Thompson Center Hawken_45 cal._1-66 twist factory barrel_Fox Ridge Outfitters /custom shop ordered.

I really don't know. This past summer I used my .308 Winchester bolt gun and my .223 Remington bolt gun, both older custom Remington 700 rifles. I also sent some downrange with my M1A. Did not really do much with the AR types this summer. I really didn't do much with any of my .22 rimfire rifles either, even though I have plenty of ammunition.

Running out of good fair weather range days already and despite it being a real good summer it seems to have gone quickly. While the above rifles saw more use this summer that really does not make them favorites. I want to get back to time on the M1A and M1 Garand rifles. The hunting rifles seldom see daylight anymore. :)

Ron

#1. 1891 Argentine Mauser. My favorite because it was the first gun I fired 52 years ago
when it belonged to my Dad.

#2. Ruger 10/22 Because it is just a lot of fun.

#3. Anderson AM-15 Because it is my newest rifle.

Somewhere in the mix- My Miroku Zoave .68 because it makes lots of smoke and kicks like a mule with minie balls and Triple 7.

Back