Your favorite 3 rifles.

Rich_357

1) The one that goes BOOOOOM!!!
For me this is my M44 carbine; I put 18 rounds through her today. After every shot, the whole line was like "D@MN!!!" The compression wave knocked over my box of ammo and I could feel the heat in my face. :D

2) The one that gets shot the most.
My VEPR 7.62x39, I bought her to be a shooter. That is exactly what she does and she is very good at it.​

3) The one that gets pulled out of the safe, smiled at and I say d@mn that's pretty.
Toss up. Right now I'm going with the Egyptian Contract SKS that I picked up last month.​

1) National Postal Meter M1 Carbine. 60 years or so old and still a very accurate and reliable rifle.

2) Marlin Texan carbine made in 1967. 30/30 ain't sexy but it will get the job done, especially with Leverevolution powder and 170 gr Nosler Partition bullets.

3) Remington ADL 30-06 made around 1965. Still shoots strait and with Superperformance powder it rivals the .300 WM.

Deaf

I had to think about this and am a little surprised. The truth is my three favorite rifles are AR15s. Two in 5.56 and one in 7.62x39.

My favorite by far is my trunk gun. A light weight pencil barrel with a red dot. Handles like a dream.

without a doubt number one is a 32 20 marlin cl. number two is a tc 50 hawken, number three I had to waffle on but a Kimber 22 hunter is it. bob

My 6.5 Creedmoor build, not finished yet, my 03a3 in .270 win.
But my most favorite is my Model 70, 7mm Rem mag,. I really like the last one best because of all the sweat I've put into it, paid 300.00 cash of "used rack" @ my local gunshop, and put a ton of sweat into it, it's super accurate and consistant.

My Saiga IZ132 unconverted: Not pretty but a hoot to shoot
Mosin 91/30 : " "
Rossi 92 16" .44 mag. : " "

1957 BSA Imperial Featherweight in .30-06. It's an improved Mauser design with a nice Schnabel stock, folding leaf sights, factory muzzle brake, and other features. Right now it's wearing a vintage 3x9 Redfield "Widefield" scope with the lenses wider than they are tall. It is drop-dead gorgeous. It's only 59 years old, which makes it the youngest of my favorites.

Remington Model 8. Semiauto, long recoil, small and light carbine that looks more or less like a Winchester 95. Designed by John Moses Browning. The Model 8 was made for half a century, but in 30-odd years of gun-geekery I'd never even heard of one. And when I finally found out about them, I bought one shortly after. Among its many features, the Model 8 is a takedown design; just pop the forend off, unwind the locking bolt, and the barrel and front trunnion slide out from the receiver. Mine was made in 1914; 102 years old.

My Model 1891 Mauser. Built in a factory with steam power and gas lights, proofed by the authority of His Imperial and Royal Majesty Wilhelm II of the German Empire, machined and finished to standards that could not be justified today. When I bought it in the early 1980s there was no 7.65x53 ammunition to be had; my introduction to reloading started witb buying an RCBS form die and converting .30-06 brass. Against iron-sighted competition, the 125-year-old milsurp still scores well at the range.

1. 1941 Springfield Armory M1 Garand 30.06
2. 1917 Spandau Gewehr 98 8mm
3. 1946 Remington Gamemaster 141 35 Remington

Honorable mention for the Remington Apache 77 nylon 22lr

1) Rem 788 in .308 for sentimental reasons and it shoots great

2). Tc .50 cal Impact. I never knew a cheap muzzleloader could be so accurate and I like the smell of black powder

3) Marlin 336 in 30-30. Shooting a lever action is too much fun.

1. Browning x-bolt white gold medallion in .223. bought it for plinking and it was the purchase that I made using a little inheritance money after my grandfather passed. Beautiful gun, perfect trigger, cheap to shoot.

2. CZ 527 in 7.62x39. bought it as a compliment to my x-bolt, have been pleasantly surprised with the accuracy and overall how fun it is. Also cheap to shoot!

3. Remington 597 in .22lr...my first purchase ever, hated it for a while because of failure to extract issues but i put a new extractor in, an angled grip and a red dot and I have a blast shooting it

1- AR10 - It goes boom alright with the big muzzle break

2- 10/22 - Actually several 10/22s set up for different types of shooting.

3- Rebuilt CMP Garand. Looks brand new. The finish and everything are in perfect shape. I have another one that is a shooter so it is simply a safe queen. I might have 40 rounds through it.

1. Hk SL-7
A .308 sporting/hunting rifle that took Hk's roller delayed G3 action and put it into a great handling wooden stocked rifle.

2. Hk SL-6
Same rifle as above, but in .223.

3. Marlin 80 DL
My grandfathers .22 in short, long, and long rifle. The magazine had been lost some years ago, but they do still make replacement magazines for it, all 3 I've purchased required some filing to fit in the magwell, but once fitted all feed and function just fine. Williams makes a aperture sight that bolts right on but unfortunately you have to take the sight off to remove the bolt, rather annoying, but much easier than trying to find an original.

Late 60's vintage BDL in 270 Win

Rem XCR II in 375 Weatherby

CZ 550 in 500 Jeffery

My son with his 270 now (I gave it to him) and a nice hog

My son with the 375 Weatherby and a nice black bear he got with it (and the brown bear I got with it too)

Finally the smaller hog (about 450 lbs) I got with the 500 Jeffery :)

Tikka T3 Lite, .243 Win with Leupold 3-9 VX2 - Out of the box sub-moa.

Rem 700 CDL SS Fluted, .270 Win, in after mkt., Stocky's Ultra Walnut stock, also wearing a Leupold 3-9 VX2. Glass/pillar bedded Tack-Driver.

Rem 700 Light Varmint SS .223 Rem with Leupold 3-9 VX2. Also bedded tack-driver.

1. AR match 223 wylde
2. Lee Enfield (Cut my teeth on)
3. Mossberg 151M (Most accurate 22 I have ever shot) I have won a lot of money challenging people with their tricked out 10/22's at 50 yards, theirs scoped, my irons. I didn't even know firearms could be inaccurate growing up shooting this old unsavory looking rifle. I thought every gun could shoot dime sized 10 shot groups at 50.

1. My favorite, a late 70's 700 VS in .25-06. My first rifle and it has accounted for most of my hunting. It's gone groundhog hunting in OH, bear in Canada and deer in FL. Most don't favor the .25-06, I wouldn't part with this rifle.

2. A 700 VS Stainless in .22-250 that I presently use for hunting in populated areas such as where I live.

3. A 70 Stealth in .308 that I bought when I heard they were closing the factory. So far only 60 rounds though it as I just don't shoot targets that much anymore.

4. Would be a 70 Featherweight Stainless in .243 that I bought about 3 years ago.

Back