You ever reached the point you had enough guns and stopped buying more?

TruthTellers

I've been buying guns since 2014 and lately I've looked at my list and don't have much more left that I really want. I have a few left on my list (Kel Tec CP33, Glock 10mm, Rossi .45 Colt to name a few) and some others that aren't terribly expensive and have little desire to buy more than that.

I'm sure as time goes on and new stuff gets created there'll be some things that interest me, but at that time I'll be at the point where I have guns in the calibers I want and sizes I want.

I've been at that point for quite some time. It's not that I wouldn't buy more if I had a ton of $$$, but I'm fairly content with what I have and cannot really justify more.

More than one is enough. But, I'm ALWAYS looking for the "unicorn" of guns. I can't describe it, never seen it, but I WILL know it when it comes along.

There are a couple that I want, certainly not "needed" for any purpose or reason, just the want bug bites or raises it's head up on occasion.

Reached that point several times. But something else seems to come along. And over time the type of shooting/hunting I do has evolved. Of course the type of guns needed has had to evolve too.

But about 15 years ago I did reach a point where I've been slowly reducing the number of guns in my safes. When I was younger I bought a lot of guns just to try them out, kept them a while and traded for something else. By now I've pretty well figured out what I like and what works best for me. Over the last few years I've sold a bunch, gave a bunch to my kids, but used the money to upgrade to better guns and optics. I have fewer, but better quality than before.

When I was first getting into the gun hobby, I bought a new gun almost every month trying to build my collection, I tried several different guns for testing / evaluation and got rid of some and kept some.

I found that I prefer handguns, thats my main interest, and a few old surplus rifles, and the SA M1A rifle

A few years ago I got a job overseas. This required that I clean, oil, photograph, document and store every gun I owned.

About halfway through I decided that I owned too many guns. Since I came back to the States, I've bought 2 guns in the last 6 years, sold about 20 and plan to sell some more.

When I was first getting into the gun hobby, I bought a new gun almost every month trying to build my collection, I tried several different guns for testing / evaluation and got rid of some and kept some.

I found that I prefer handguns, thats my main interest, and a few old surplus rifles, and the SA M1A rifle
Same here, I have a lot of handguns, but not many rifles. Handguns come in all shapes, sizes, calibers, etc. and are small enough and inexpensive enough they're worth having many of, but rifles... I don't need much beyond 5.56, 7.62x39, .308, and .22.

Having said that tho, I really enjoy having a rifle/carbine in pistol calibers that I own. 9mm carbines are cheap, cheap to shoot, and fun to shoot at long distance handgun ranges of 50 yards or more. .357, .44, and .45 Colt in a lever action are quite powerful, versatile, have good magazine capacities, and you can top off the mag like a shotgun.

Besides Rossi's, they're not as cheap tho.

Yep, I’d like another Glock(43x,48) but other than that I can’t get excited about anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TruthTellers I have been buying guns since 1976 and have inherited a few. I don't need anymore and really don't want anymore. That is until I see something and a whim, or wild hair takes over. Then I plunk money down. A month or two ago I bought a Taurus TX 22. I had never heard of it before and had never put my hands on one. Just saw them on You Tube. My LGS is also a range so I picked my gun walked into the range and put about 300 rounds through the little beast. But now I am DONE buying guns, until next time.

Trying for quality more than quantity . . .

If I'd kept every gun I'd ever bought there'd be about sixty in the safe. Well, I'd need a new safe. Don't have near that many now and over the last half a dozen purchases have been thinking about quality more and more. I still own a handful of inexpensive guns but as those disappear the guns that stay in the safe are better guns. All this means that I have fewer, but better guns. I know it's all relative.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Back