Woody's Shoot N Snore

K80Geoff

The other thread was getting a bit long so I thought I would start a new one here. This time I got the host's name right:D

Every shoot needs a theme so I came up with one:cool:

OK who is coming and whaddya bringing to shoot.

Don't forget the movies afterward.

The moths got to my old Army fartsack so I will have to buy a new one just for this. Less money for ammo dangit!

Geez! Everyone else gets to go out and play and I have to work.
Have fun gang. Maybe I can make it the next time.

K80Geoff, I just got a new sleeping bag from my wife last Christmas. Frankly I think she is trying to tell me something.

N.J. TFL shoot, Sat. August 24th..............

Be there by 9:30am. Shooting starts at 10:00am.

1st event, the rope shoot. 2nd event, the pin shoot, 3rd event, police qualification shoot. $5.00 for each event
plus $5.00 for food. Each event is a 50/50 split to the winner & gun club. Bring a $20.00 and your set for the day.
Bring your own ammo. No hollow points. You will need at least 100 rounds but I would bring more. 60 rounds for
the police qual and the rest for the rope & pin shoot.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Last edited:
I'm bringing all my handguns (SIG 220, SIG 239, Ruger SP101 .22LR, etc. ;) ) and probably my 18" shotgun "just in case," as well as plenty of ammo. I'm also bringing shoot-em-up DVDs, a sleeping bag, and a digital camera. I'll be wearing TFL clothing and lots of knives. (What are the knife laws in NJ? Can I bring a khukuri?)

Beware of the Knife laws. They are just as bad as the gun laws here:eek:. Just bring a folding knife that is only sharpened on one side or a swiss army type knife if you need one. No double edged or un-folding knives, boot knives, blackjacks, nunchukas, stars, swords, sling shots, etc. This is a pistol shoot, not a knife get together:rolleyes:. The shotgun is O.K. I don't know what a khukuri is David but a safe bet for an answer is NO! What type of shotgun are you bringing? I'll tell you if it is Jersey legal. I will be bringing my full collection of handguns for Mrs. pdmoderator to try out at her convenience. For the shoot, I'm leaning torwards my S&W 3913 for the police qual and my Trooper Mark V for the pin and rope shoot. ;)

Ray, a khukuri is a big knife. I guess they'll have to stay home. Is there a length limit law, i.e., can I bring my 5.5" folder? I'm not planning to "conceal," just "possess."

Shotgun is a Mossberg 500 pump. If it's not legal, I'll just stay home. :mad: ;)

Are you gonna use that trick rope for the "Rope a Dope" shoot:D

Hint, Hint to new shooters, use a 9mm for the rope shoot :cool:

Old slow 45 won't break the rope.

OK, guys, I'm in, and hope to bring a friend that shoots pin league with me. I saw mention of name badges. If everyone wants to send me their Screen ID, Real Name, and favorite gun (or the one you plan to use for the match), I'll be happy to print them up on my new color printer.

You can Email me directly, or reach me through Ray. Looking forward to seeing you all again!

Regards to all,
RK

Geoff, sounds like fun. I'm mainly bringing the SG because I've never(!) used the 18.5" barrel and want to test it out-of-doors. The 28" barrel is dead -- even Mossberg won't fix it -- so I'm searching for a used one. I might just buy another used 500, since a used SG costs less than a new barrel. :rolleyes:

9mmMike, the meet is...
August 24, 2002

:D

9mmMike......

I edited my post above, the third post, so that others know the date. Very funny David. Could you get it any bigger? :p Looking forward to making your aquaintance. Just remember, DON'T FORGET THE MOVIES! :D

I have to see how things go but I may just show up with the pop corn if it gets too late. Hey, I actually sell that stuff in my junk food snack machines. Do you have a microwave?

movies

I have...
A Better Tomorrow
A Better Tomorrow II
Full Contact
Hard Boiled (Criterion)
The Killer
...and that's just Chow Yun Fat. I'll bring some other stuff, like the excellent Gunsmith Cats anime.

Back