Winchester Model 190 takedown manual

JasonBaer

Inactive
Where can I get a takedown manual for the Winchester 190 rifle, 22 cal. I just got it from a relative and it is caked with carbon. I looks like it was never cleaned. I want to use it to teach my son to shoot.
Thanks
Jason

Harley,
I would greatly appreciate a copy of the 190 takedown manual as well. The humidity this year has really taken a toll and I'd like to clean mine up.
Thanks in advance.

new member here...i just found a win model 190 in my dad's attic and would like to clean it up. may i please have a copy of the takedown manual too? i'm excited to get it clean and ready to take out this summer.

i appreciate it-
matt

Would appreciate manual

New member here also, have 11 year old who has started shooting and hunting and wants to use my 190 I received for Christmas about his age, Harley, if you don't mind, email me the manual also. Great forums here.

Winchester Model 190 Manual

I to would appreciate the takedown manual. Please send to me as well. Mine has sat in a case for a long-time and I want to clean it up + start using it this fall.

Winchester model 190 disassembly in assembly manual

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could e-mail me instructions on how to take a 190 apart and put it back together again. I got the trigger housing, bolt and spring out but am too scared to go any further. My e-mail is alpha1recon@yahoo.com. Also would like to hear from any former Recon Marines who served across the pond around 1966.
Thanks

Last edited:
Sir: My daughter just dragged one of these home, thinking that Dear Old Dad knows everything and could turn the 12 pound trigger pull into a 3 pound match quality one. Hah.

Anyway, I do not have anything on this in my archives. If you could send something along I could at least take a stab at a cleanup and see what we are up against.

Thank you.

tjcasey@vcn.com

I, like so many other 190 owners, found this forum while looking information on disassembling my rifle. For those who may have missed the earlier thread, the manual is available online here:

http://www.swishercs.com/winchester

Also, I did the same thing that jlyent mentioned on that other thread and lightened my trigger pull by bending the spring. It feels much better, although I haven't yet taken it out to test it.

One other thing-I've seen this rifle described as being able to fire shorts as well as the longs and long rifles that are mentioned on the barrel. Has anyone tried this? How does it do?

winchester model 190 .22cal semiauto manual

Harley I hope you still can get this, the thread that I found was old but I was wondering if you would be able to email me the take down manual for the winchester model 190 .22 cal semiauto rifle. My father had bought it some twenty years ago from a relative and he did not have the owners manual. It has been sitting in the gun safe and is hardly ever used but we wanted to take it apart today and could not figure out how to remove the barrel from the forarm. If you can that would be hugely appreciated.

thanks, Nick

Winchester Model 190

Well, I guess I am in trouble here. I am new to the forum but I am asking for some guidance. I have a Model 190 Winchester semi-auto .22. Shoots good but loads funny. I can load two rounds of long rifle in the tube and they will feed. If I load more it will jam with the first round. I am wondering if the problem is in the loading tube spring, or in the carrier. Any suggestions?

I would also like a copy of that dis assembly sheet for the Model 190 it they are available.
crgriffith56@comcast.net

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Last edited:
Back