Why not the 30-06?

Here is list I posted

Handloader Special Edition, Top 10 Reloded rifle Cartridge, it''s base on top dies sales from Hornady,Lee,RCBS,Lyman and Redding and it's year behind.

The 6.5 CM was 3rd, 300 Blackout was 8th. 1st 223,2nd 308 4th 30-06 ,5th 243 and 6th 300mag,7th 270,9th 7mag,10th 22-250.
A 113 year old cartridge coming in at #4?. What else can we say :)

Here is list I posted

Handloader Special Edition, Top 10 Reloded rifle Cartridge, it''s base on top dies sales from Hornady,Lee,RCBS,Lyman and Redding and it's year behind.

The 6.5 CM was 3rd, 300 Blackout was 8th. 1st 223,2nd 308 4th 30-06 ,5th 243 and 6th 300mag,7th 270,9th 7mag,10th 22-250.
The .270 Win doesn't really need special loadings to rule the field.

Factory Remington Core-Lokt/TSX, or Federal Partition/Accubond/Trophy Copper are all field accurate, readily available, and a very good price on sale.

All put meat on the table w/ constant and boring regularity.

Red

Red, besides hunting with Bartlein/Shilen barrel 30-06's I also hunt with Lilja barrel 270 and I have it long throated. There is not lot your going to tell that I either that I already don't know.

I am not interested in target shooting any more. I have gotten bored with it, so for me it is the 30-06 over the 6.5s if I were to be asked to simply choose one.

Wyosmith, I stopped in Evanston, Wyoming during hunting season. Setting by myself was not an option; I was lucky to fond a chair. It would seem I found a large table full of 7mm57 fans because every one of them made their case. All of them used 30/06 surplus/ formed to 7mm57 ammo. They were regulars that met there ever year.

F. Guffey

My son started working on me for a pistol. While he was going to school in Arkansas Whole there he heard about a pistol shooter that made some increasable shots. I introduced my son to the antelope hunter in an effort to make sense of the amount of effort and guess work necessary to make the shots he makes. Nothing the man said discouraged my son, as soon as he was finished with his lecture my son wanted me to give him one of my big pistols. He can not start practice until he has the pistol.

Back