Why do you have a 10mm?

Question not anwered

Does this answer the question: If called into court on my charges would there need to post bond and have a lawyer in court. Maybe, post bond twice. If so, would the insurance cover cost? :confused:

Are not we talking about the best handgun to kill attacking animals?

Does this answer the question: If called into court on my charges would there need to post bond and have a lawyer in court. Maybe, post bond twice. If so, would the insurance cover cost?

Are not we talking about the best handgun to kill attacking animals?

We are discussing handguns to be used in self defense against aggressive animals. In fairness the path you are attempting to lead us down is a question regarding a game officer arresting you when you killed an aggressive animal in self defense. An animal killed with a pistol not designed for the task (we are not discussing the 500), in self defense range, with shots that were taken in a manner to suggest self defense (not broadside). I simply noted that such an arrest would be extremely unlikely. The answer to your question about insurance would be dependent on the terms of your policy and best discussed and answered by a licensed insurance agent or a lawyer who had reviewed the policy.

10mm

Lohman446: Thanks for a coherent answer. However, our topic is the 10mm. Fantastical is a very good word.

Can the average big bear bite through a polymer frame. Why do hunters carry magnum rifles hunting bears when a 10mm with Underwood rounds work just as well? :rolleyes:

Can the average big bear bite through a polymer frame. Why do hunters carry magnum rifles hunting bears when a 10mm with Underwood rounds work just as well?

Apparently you're either trolling ... or don't understand what you posted, since you answered your own question. :rolleyes:

Hunters carry magnum rifles when they're hunting bears. When you're out strolling in a National Park somewhere (the example you gave), legally armed with a pistol (say, a Gen4 G20), you are NOT hunting.

Your pistol is a life-preserving asset of last resort when Mr Grizz comes 'round the trail.

Last edited:
I'd have to make bond and have lawyer in court-right? Would the insurance take care of these expenses?

:rolleyes:

Call up your insurance carrier and ask.

If the rep who answers giggles uncontrollably at your hypothetical 'carnivore' encounter, well, then a prompt switch to a new carrier is indicated.

Can the average big bear bite through a polymer frame. Why do hunters carry magnum rifles hunting bears when a 10mm with Underwood rounds work just as well?

Where has that ever been indicated in this conversation? Did you notice the amount of caveats about readily carried? Large magnum rifles are not.

I think I have been very clear about needing a great deal of skill, tremendous intestinal fortitude, and a LARGE helping of luck to successfully survive a bear or cougar attack through the use of a pistol.

Personally I'd love to have a 10mm to play with, but being a cheapa** brass rat I'll just have to be happy with 9mm, since I hardly ever see any 10mm brass at the range. For the heavy stuff I'll just have to stick with my .41 mags.

I watched Miami Vice in the 80's and fell in love with the 10mm. I bought a Delta Elite as soon as they were available. Shot that one loose by putting over 10K rounds through it. Some IPSC local matches and just from love to shoot. I owned a few Dan Wesson 1911's over the years and eventually bought a Glock 40 Gen 4 10mm. I have carried a 10mm my entire adult life.I just made the choice and stuck with it. I like shooting all kinds of guns. I have an AR15 varmint rig and a Henry .22 Lever gun. When I leave the house, the Glock 40 long slide is on my hip. When I'm just plinking, I like Georgia Arms 155jhp, when I carry, its loaded with Underwood 10mm Auto 155 Grain XTP Jacketed Hollow Point or their Lehigh Defense rounds.

Back