Why can't Obama break away from McCain?

When B. Hussein Obama gave the speech in Germany and the press conference in France, I didn't see a single American flag.

I saw American flags. Maybe you had your eyes closed, or maybe never even watched it.

That Obama has virtual media saturation, is constantly touted as a 'phenomenon, inevitable, impervious, and the Obama mania claims and still can't get any momentum bears out his hollowness. It doesn't match up with his lack luster showing in the polls. He is slipping across the board despite the hype.

He is no longer ahead in all polls. But like Obama was, McCain's lead in some polls is still a statistical tie. Given he is still just reading water, only gets negative or no media coverage, is touted as old and boring, and of course the tired McCain is Bush line should have him behind not gaining. Obama ought to be way ahead like Duakaus, Gore, Kerry, etc. were with this hype, but he can't get there even reach those levels even with about every media outlet trying to force feed him on people. The whole of the American electorate seems to be much less easily seduced with nice smiles and soaring rhetoric as the left is.

The media backlash is only just starting. The media themselves are becoming the bad story for Obama.

Now that McCain has reneged on his promise of "no new taxes", I am afraid we might even see Obama's lead widen, as more conservatives will be turned off by McCain.
Depends on what happens. If McCain just deletes the Bush tax cuts for the top 10% and reduces middle class taxes (which would still raise taxes over-all even though it lowered taxes on the majority of Americans) I would see that as a positive thing.

Penguin -
Childish? How in the world is using a guy's real name childish? What is the hypersensitivity over his given name? That makes no sense to me. His name is his name. End of story. But, thanks for the advice!

Childish? How in the world is using a guy's real name childish? What is the hypersensitivity over his given name? That makes no sense to me. His name is his name. End of story. But, thanks for the advice!
Do you regularly go around emphasizing people's middle names and abbreviating their first name? I somehow doubt it. You action are transparent and childish.

Penguin -

Right, because I'm sure you refer to everybody but their full names. Not just those with a name in common with former enemies. Because in no way could that subtly turn voters against him for no good reason.

Not that there aren't good reasons for voters to turn away from him, but that's the point.

Use of middle names is unusual in our society. Especially for those that don't choose to go by their full names (and Obama doesn't). Thus there is absolutely no reason for you to use his middle name (and even omit his first) except for childish ones. PBP simply made a fairly reasonable assumption.

As for polls, it's early. And yes, at this point McCain and Obama are in what appears to be a statistical tie. Which is entirely unsurprising...large leads in polls are also not necessarily the norm, nor do they necessarily imply an imminent victory. At this point it would not be unusual to see both candidats swap small (<10%) leads up until the election.

And none of it will matter.

As for flags, what exactly are we talking about? It's true that in France no American flag was displayed (some BS reason was given). But in Germany no flags were displayed (at least according to pictures I've seen) so the absence of an American flag shouldn't be surprising. And the fact that you didn't see a "single" American flag implies what, that you think there should be more than one? How many is enough?

Hell, I've seen Obama with upwards of a half-dozen American flags behind him at speeches. I'm betting his average number of American flags per speech is still above one.

Do you regularly go around emphasizing people's middle names and abbreviating their first name? I somehow doubt it. You action are transparent and childish.

I may actually decide to start doing this. It might be fun. But I think I'd also have to adopt a fake British accent as well.

Or heard rush tell the same lie yesterday.

Here is the picture of Sarkozy and Obama. Do you see an American flag? I don't.

Here is the video of the speech in Berlin.

If you see an American flag, you must be drinking some fine Kentucky corn squeezin's!

Do you regularly go around emphasizing people's middle names and abbreviating their first name?
Actually, I do. I have all my life. I use my first initial and full middle name, M. Eugene, nickname, “Gene.”

So, I am just extending the courtesy to B. Hussein.

How many is enough?
Have you ever seen a joint press conference where both flags were not displayed?

But, I proved my point to the railbirds. And, by the way, I noticed this all on my own, since I never listen to Rush.

Signed,
M. Eugene

If you see an American flag, you must be drinking some fine Kentucky corn squeezin's!

That video showed was only of Obama speaking and not of the crowd. There were none on the stage, not sure about elsewhere.
In one of the videos I saw several American flags being waved by people in the crowd.
In the video below shows the crowd and you can see several large American flags being waved in the background.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQfWTQ2LM24&feature=related

Do you regularly go around emphasizing people's middle names and abbreviating their first name?
Actually, I do. I have all my life. I use my first initial and full middle name, M. Eugene, nickname, “Gene.”

So, I am just extending the courtesy to B. Hussein.
How you choose to refer to yourself is irrelevant. You honestly refer to everybody else in this way, even those that don't choose it? If so, I guess you are merely mildly rude rather than childish.

What do you do when you don't know somebody's middle name? I don't know half my friends' middle names. Since, you know, the use of middle names is fairly rare in our society.

Also, do you speak with a fake (or real) British accent? Because in this case I think you might actually be mildly cool instead.

You're right, however, concerning flags. Only the French and EU were displayed in France (with a halfhearted reason given, IMO). None were displayed in Germany.

Have you ever seen a joint press conference where both flags were not displayed?

It's unusual for a Senator (rather than President) to hold a joint press conference with a foreign chief executive, so honestly I can't say whether it's usual for both flags to be displayed in such an instance. Can you give other examples, preferably with pictures?

The fact that B. Hussein decided not to put an American flag on the dais with him in Germany and to insist it be displayed next the French and European flags, speaks volumes to me, and many patriotic Americans. I do not want a president that can make nice-nice in Europe, I want a president that will fight for what is best for America.

Night-night
M. Eugene

So why do people that feel the way you do complain when our allies (whom we routinely **** off) decide not to join in our folly in Iraq?

That video showed was only of Obama speaking and not of the crowd. There were none on the stage, not sure about elsewhere.
In one of the videos I saw several American flags being waved by people in the crowd
The audience was full of American flags. Jon Stewart made a remark on how the German people's flags seemed to be defective...bacuase they were not on fire like they are when Bush visits. :)

Back