Which of your guns do you always want to shoot?

Well this modified Ruger 22/45 is my most funtastic to shoot. Barrel shortened to 3", bolt lightened to accommodate barrel. VQ and Tandemcross internal parts, and a set of VZ Operator's for grips. Never expected it to shoot as well as it does.

EHHRMAGHHERD.

That pistol is AWESOME!!! :D

I'll BET it's a fun shooter!!

For revolvers it's a Ruger Flat Top .44 Special...the blued one or its stable-mate the stainless version, either with a 4-5/8" barrel...I waited impatiently for over 40 years for Ruger to finally make one up in that most perfect of all calibers: .44 Special.

In autos it's usually, (but not always) a Colt Combat Commander in .45 ACP...the steel one...and with it, I bring along 3 other fitted slide and barrel combinations in .38 Super, 9mm, and .22 lr. As autos go, it has no faults and versatility that's nothing short of spectacular...

Pics below...Rod

Last edited:
Maybe I'm off kilter a bit, but for what ever reason every time I go to the range I take one of my Nagant revolvers with. The ones I have shoot pretty nice, DA is a bear but in SA they aren't to shabby. I reload for them so ammo isn't a concern, and I think they're just fun to shoot.

I used to gravitate toward my custom 1911 as the gun that made me "FEEL" like I was a better shooter. Since purchasing a customizing a Walther PPQ M2 5" model, I have been smitten with it. It shoots groups as small as my 1911, but has less recoil, cheaper to shoot and holds far more rounds... Yet still makes me "FEEL" like I'm a better shooter.

14-Yard Off-hand Happiness!

• Mag-Na-Ported barrel to match the slide
  • Slide Lightening Cut
  • Dawson Precision F.O. Sights
  • Custom sub-4 Lb Trigger Job
  • Custom Cerakote Color

I generally will shoot some center fire, then move back to 22LR in a couple different handguns and fill the day out at lower cost.

Lately I have enjoyed shooting both the Ruger LCR and SR22P (22's) a fair amount and mostly for plinking kinds of sessions.

Last edited:
No matter what I take to the range to try some loads I whipped up. I always end up shooting my gp100 at some point durong the visit. I just love that gun!

I own 4 handguns which I have taken to the range.

A Nagant 1895 Revolver which is just horribly, horribly bad to shoot - I take it out as a novelty to amuse friends, not for shooting pleasure.

A Ruger Mk II with 6" barrel which is my "warm-up" gun and is always in my range bag. It always gets a workout when I am at the range. I am convinced that (like the 10/22) every gun owner should just be issued with one of these, like people who lived in the suburbs were issued a copy of Frampton Comes Alive back in the 70's. It is just a gun everyone should own.

A 1970's FN Hi-Power

A Walther P1 (post-war P38 with aluminum frame) of unknown vintage.

Of the four the P1 is my favorite to shoot. It just feels right in my hand and is remarkably accurate. I put the most rounds through the Ruger though due to cost.

This week I picked up a EAA SAR B6 which will be making its first trip to the range tomorrow. I bought it mostly because it was a really good price but to hopefully become my new favorite range pistol. We will know more tomorrow when I shoot it side-by-side with my other 9's.

In revolvers it would be my S&W 19 with .38spl, and my Ruger Blackhawk convertible.
Autos, would be my Ruger P90 or my Colt Officer's model, or my Bersa Thunder. Sometimes I don't take the P90, but do take the Beretta mod.1934 in .380
Rifles; my M1 Garand and my 1903A3.

Invariably, I get to the range and chide myself for forgetting to bring a different gun. I do a lot of "I should've brought...." too.

Shoot Safe and Often

always take my nightstand gun, a Springfield 1911 Loaded, my Springfield XDm-9 and my Sig p238, new EDC. If I have extra time, I take one of my .22mag revolvers (when I can find ammo for them).

Model 10, I grew up with K frames, and have always enjoyed the Model 10.
I also admit having a thing for shooting a NAA 1 1/8" mini-revolver.

Granted this thread is in handguns, still since others have shared rifles and shotguns:

Savage 93R17 in .17 HMR and an old Remington 510 single shot .22 rifle are two others I always want to shoot.

I always shoot all my guns except my shotgun. That is only fun outdoors with reactive targets. Always want to shoot my 92fs. Canik55-c stingray is creeping up on the Ole beretta though. Always a blast to plink away on the 100yrd with my 93r17 savage and embarrass the mall ninjas with their bolt on every possible gadget ar15. Love blasting away with my 16" reddot ar15. So I always want to shoot Ll my guns which is why I bought them. No safe queens at my house.

The two guns which recently were bought in the same deal: the Czech CZ-82 and the East German Makarov. Looking for a second (actual) Mak in my area, for a FTF deal in west TN.:)

Both have very smooth DA triggers, are very reliable, and have those unique looks of foreign guns.

Back