Which of your guns do you always want to shoot?

I seem to always take my 30 year old P 220 to the range, no matter what carry gun I`m putting a few rounds through that day.

At the range it's my 9mm and 45 1911's.
Matches, a slightly modified M&P40.
Carry gun? 90% of the time, Sig 239 9mm or a S&W 3904.

which gun to shoot

Since I only shoot 357's my choice is my brand new Ruger GP100 4" 357 mag .
The other guns are for my wife and her preferences. If I have to carry a smaller gun it would be my 2" Rossi 357 with laser grips. My tastes are simple when it comes to wheels. I want to carry what I can shoot the best and that is the Ruger end of discussion.

Since .22LR ammo have almost completely disappeared from Walmart shelves, I have been mostly shooting with my centerfires. The one that gets shot the most is a 5" 1911 9mm.

I have a suppressed ruger 22/45 lite that I take to the range every time. Something about just dumping mags from something quieter then an airsoft gun is just addicting. It's my only gun that goes every time.

I gravitate towards carrying my custom g23. The weight of the poly frame just makes it a good consistent carry in most weather conditions.

Its simply amazing the variety of guns we all pick. keep it up. I think ive got it down to five guns... these last few choices are like picking favorite children. ;)

I always take a .22. Sometimes it is all i take. I have tobflip a coin between my life 22/45 & my buckmark. I have others, but these feel best.

Of centerfire, i probably use a 1911 (as jmb intended: .45acp

That's real ez for me. My new Ruger
GP100 4" 357 & for the first time
When I went to my range, I brought
All my wheels, but only fired the Ruger.
I blew through 135 rounds and hardly
Blinked . From 38 P+ up to full bore
357's now here's the weird thing . All the
"Experts" complain about the hogue
Grips it comes with & for me it's like they
We're hand made special just to fit
My left hand. Go figure?

If I had to pick only one gun that I always want to shoot it would be my Smith & Wesson Model 686 Plus with 4" barrel. It makes me look good at the range because I'm accurate with it. I also love the sound and fury it makes. Ha!

Since getting them, my CZ 100 and Beretta PX4 D always get shot when I'm able to go to the range. But now they've gotta share time with their new brother, the P229 DAK!

Since I purchased one of the new .22LR SP101 revolvers, it's gone to the range nearly every trip in addition to whatever else I take.

Single-six
Been scrounging gunbroker for a 22lr top break I like for months on and off in hopes it will surpass the single six. Not finding much I like though. H&R premier is about the best I can find at even their going price.
Have my eyes on another 22lr revolver I ran across for sale. If I can negotiate the price it may be in the running.

Funny thing is, I don't own or have on my "list" any centerfire revolvers. Occasionally look at one of the 9mm jobs, but never pull the trigger.

I am very proficient with my EDC Glock, which I love for its dependability and ease of use. However, nothing about the Glock is overly "fun". My little Taurus 738 TCP takes considerably more skill to shoot well, but it is an absolute blast at the range. As for rifles, my 10-22 Takedown offers endless plinking fun.

Back