Which of your guns do you always want to shoot?

I practice with all of my guns in a loose rotation. My favorite gun at the moment is a Sig 1911 Nightmare (not Nightmare Carry). I was really disappointed in the trigger when I first got it. Lots of play and gritty, but it was a good shooter and ate everything. I spent untold hours stoning parts and got the trigger to "acceptable" for a 1911. The thing that made it just about perfect was converting it from 80 Series to 70 Series. That gun has gone from a gun I was sorry I bought to the one I like best (until something better like a DW Valor) comes along. :-)

Like others, a .22 usually makes the trip, preferably the SW MP15-22 pistol or traditional handgun.

Then probably the sig 226 or 227. Love both immensely.

For rifle, I can't get enough shots off out of my Kriss Super Vector .45acp. Hard to not smile every time I shoot it. Painfully fun and accurate.

I do rotate everything in collection tho, handgun-wise, rifles not so much. Most all of my guns are fun in some capacity, pardon the pun...

I wish I could say I shoot just one gun but I can't. There are times when I enjoy shooting a Colt Officers Model in .22 rf from 1930 that I own.

There are also times when I enjoy shooting the .44's. I have my share of mag and Special. They are my favorites and probably get shot the most.

But there are times I just enjoy shooting a Kimber Pro Carry II that I've owned for a few years, or even a GLOCK 26.

Than there are times when the .357's come out.

It all depends how I feel.

Good question.
The number 1 at the range isn’t a hand gun but is a handgun caliber.
Beretta 9mm CX4 storm carbine. Cheep to shoot and surprising accurate at 50 yards and acceptable at 100.
Handgun carry. Glock 26.
Competition. 22LR Winchester 75 heavy barrel with very good quality fully adjustable peep sights.
Hunting. Remington rolling block 45-70. Very modified gun with only the receiver being original.

Well this modified Ruger 22/45 is my most funtastic to shoot. Barrel shortened to 3", bolt lightened to accommodate barrel. VQ and Tandemcross internal parts, and a set of VZ Operator's for grips. Never expected it to shoot as well as it does.

Last edited:
Until about a year ago, I would have said that my Ruger MkII makes every range trip, and my Kimber Eclipse Pro (steel 4", .45acp) makes nearly every trip.

Then I got a Ceiner .22LR conversion for the Kimber.

Now it's just the one gun, the extra top half, and some .22LR and .45acp ammo. I still have to clean two barrels and slides, but I only have to take one gun with me to the range (okay, maybe one and a half...)

Sure is nice to shoot with the same trigger all the time.

Don't really have a "most favorite" I shoot all three, love all three equally. I have a great diverse selection :

Ruger MKIII .22 practical value and fun.

Glock G35 (and also a G22 upper) .40 S&W great for general target shooting and tactical type training.

.460 S&W 12" XVR . Totally stupid impractical but laugh your butt off FUN !

Two way tie. My Colt Wiley Clapp government model which is an awesome gun to shoot. And my smith and wesson 19-4 6" bbl thats been tuned. 200 gr swc out of the colt and 148 gr dewc out of the smith of the 38 special variety. Both very pleasing handloads of mine.

Going to pick up my CZ 75SA tomorrow. Im sure its going to make it a three way tie.... I'll let yall know.

selling a huge collection of old and new S&W H&R others

I am getting old and would like to sell out my entire collection of S&W new and old all pre lock. Have some H&Rs some browning some Saiga rifles some Vepr rifles some shotguns 22s 357s 44 mags 22 mags Rossi Taurus. any interest I will post pictures but I live in New Jersey so all of these conform to my home state.

When I go to the range, I usually take either my Glock G19 or G22. Sometime both.
I also usually bring along my 22/45 Lite.
But what I always bring is my TC Contender and at least three barrels. Usually a 10 inch 22lr, 32H&R mag, and a 14 inch .223.

The Glocks are for protection and the 22/45 mostly for fun, but the Contender is my favorite, and will be the last one that I ever let go of.

Mine is different every time I go. I have made it a habit to always fire at least 10 rounds (2 cylinders) from my CCW revolver every time I go shoot.

Other than that I shoot my Coonan lots. I also shoot my NFA Short barrel shotgun and suppressed 22s. With the ground squirrels out I tend to lean toward the 22s.

hmmmm I had to think about that for a minute. I like to shoot all my guns.

But I did note the ones that come out the most.
Rifles:
AR 15 in 300 Black out. Super accurate, super easy, Lots and lots of fun.

100_9617_zps41babccd.jpg

Lately though my AR10 has been slicing away range time from the AR15.
Esp since I found a good cast bullet load to keep costs down.

100_9705_zpsax7urme4.jpg

Hand guns:

This was super hard. I have been blasting my 32's quite a bit. BUT.

I always seem to mix in my S&W model 14. Always...

100_9675_zps20ab8140.jpg

For fun cheap blasting. Out comes the Bersa.
100_9712_zpsiychdaeb.jpg

Back