When would you tell a new girlfriend that you carry?

Slow and easy, will win this race ...

Long before she attained the status of "Girlfriend".
Although this is one approach, I really feel it is putting the cart ahead of the horse. I feel it would be important to first establish a relationship and as that progresses and her trust in you goes up, the subject of firearms will become a natural part of the relationship and she will want to share that experience as well. She may not like firearms at this point and she has a right to her feelings but in time, could be your best shooting buddy..... ;)

OR;
Please to meet you and I'm sorry to be a little late but had to stop by Jody's gun shop and pick up my new Desert Eagle. ..... :eek:

Be Prudent and;
Be Safe

Maybe I'm a little old fashioned, but the questions of "so....what kinds of hobbies and interests do you have" usually came up before a date.

I can't imagine being a closet gunowner. Hard to get through life having a passionate interest that are never able to talk about in public.

I've already posted, but I'll tell you a little how my marriage and shooting went. I had shot some before dating/marriage. I had put it on hold for a few years due to education and business. Turns out my wonderful wife's father was way more experienced in shooting than any in the family knew because he trained for work and out of personal interest but didn't talk about it much.

My interest grew more after we were married. She isn't as in to shooting as I am but she has been very understanding even supportive and I try not to let it cut into our time together. It's supposed to be a hobby, interest that can but put to the side whenever something more important comes along I need to deal with. Sometimes I've faltered and she's been forgiving.

Both people are going to accommodate each other in some way if your relationship goes on. Because you both had previously filled in your solo time with other things and need to trim. But it takes a very considerate patient lady of good character to be understanding and yield sometimes, and someone like that would probably want someone of the same caliber. If she can accommodate a hobby like this, she may be accepting of other issues in the future. But if she is rigid in *all* things and a total "princess", be warned because guns won't be the only disagreement/trial you face. Not potential marriage material? Don't waste her time or yours.

Back