When was your last visit to the range?

We go the last Sunday of every month.
The CHURCH of the Gun as we call it where Pastor Colt or Reverend Smith & Wesson preaches.
We also have visiting Pastors attend most Sundays.
The Evangelistic Reverend Glock shows up often as well as brother Para Ordnance.
We have quite a lively choir.
Brother Kimber is often seen singing with the choir.
We can be heard singing for miles.
For anyone in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area that would like to join the congregation come by http://www.meetup.com/TexasGunOwner-DFW/ and join us.

Wednesday morning.
60 rounds with the SR22
71 rounds with the P205 9mm
consistently a little down and to the left. Gotta work on my sight picture, or adust my sights.

I went again this past Sunday to test out my new Hogue Monogrip for my SP101. Worst grips ever. My hand still hurts.. bruised the web of my right hand and it still hurts almost a week later. I never had that problem with the stock grips. Now I have to wait till my hands feels better before I go again.

Goes to show, no matter how many good reviews of a product you read, especially grips, you'll have to try them for yourself. I was really surprised with my experience with the Monogrip. I was all over the place (didn't hit paper or the cardboard backing on some shots... first time ever doing that.) and I injured myself!

Needless to say, the Hogue is in the drawer and the stock grip is back on the gun.

If I'm lucky, I get to go about twice a month these days. Between the job and family, I barely have time for this at all.

Plus it's football season :)

I went to the range last Sunday with 4 friends and had a blasty blast. First time going since August and before that I hadn't gone since January. I'll be looking to go back this weekend or next week.

i try to go shoot 100-200 rounds a weekend. but last weekend and the next 2 will be spent deer hunting since its firearm season in michigan :)

Sunday the 17th, my 62nd Birthday,,,

I took a lady to the range,,,
She has a 9-mil she didn't know how to shoot.

We put two boxes of cheap Tula downrange,,,
Now she feels confident about her Springfield XD-something.

I must admit it shoots a lot nicer than I expected,,,
Her gun is the model that does not have a manual safety.

We also played a bit with some rimfire pistols,,,
She fell in love with my Taurus 22-PLY,,,
She was actually hitting with it.

Nice birthday outing for me,,,
A productive/informative range session for her.

Aarond

With the colder temps in the low 30's I will be spending more time on the indoor range with my hand guns.

Between my post on 11/8/13 and today, I've...

- gotten an hour of personal instruction, firing 75 rounds during the hour, including precision strings and rapid fire.

- had a 100 round range trip.

- gone for 1.5 hours of sim work. Defensive scenarios on a 300 degree range, hogan's alley, slow fire course, rapid fire course. No idea how many hundreds of rounds fired. I shot a LOT. Gotta love sim guns.

- signed up for a class on Dec. 8th

- planned a range run for Monday, 11/25.

- lots of dry fire, draw, and press out work.

Back