When was your last visit to the range?

An actual range? Right at or almost a year ago.

Last time shooting was on a camping/shooting trip I went on in mid October. Shot a mess o' stuff. Garand, single actions, Rossi '92, AR, my old .38, couple mags out of my 1911 and my Glock, my coach gun, blasted off the 870 a few times, shot some .30-06 out of my Savage, a few precious .22s outta my 795. Might have shot my Highway Patrolman, don't remember. Took my 336, but didn't end up shooting it. We all topped off the day shooting my buddy's ArmaLite AR50A1. That's a nice way to end a day of shooting. Particularly as I wasn't paying for the ammo.

If you haven't cut a hole in the side of a pumpkin and put a jar of Tannerite inside, I highly recommend it.

Time before that was August on my in-laws' land. Not as extensive, but I hadn't shot since the aforementioned range trip prior to moving out here. It was well overdue, and a load of fun.

There has been talk of some skeet shooting out there now that it has cooled off. Gotta get that bug planted, I am ready.

Not being able to shoot and finally starting to reload .45 Colt and .38 special, I really haven't been too inconvenienced on the ammo shortage front. I have less than 50 rounds of .22 on hand now, so I will likely feel that crunch soon. Have plenty of everything else. Not as much as a lot of folks, but for my little old needs, I'm pretty well set for the time being.

Just went today, again. With family and we had great fun blasting steel targets. Roughly sighted in my Marlin 1894 .44 mag. The M29 was banging the gong consistently with my 10 gr Unique and 240 gr hardcast load. Tried someone's Mosin for the first time. I love that old rifle! Went through about 500 rds minimum.

I haven't been shooting since Thursday, won't go again until later this morning (Saturday IDPA match.)
Seems like components are getting more available, at least pistol bullets which was my purchase last week. Fortunately I had just bought powder and primers before the Panic.
Factory centerfires seem available but at very high prices vs last year before the election and high profile crimes/gun control drive.

My idea of conserving ammo is better shot placement. I shoot at least once a week, and as many as 3 times a week.

The more you shoot, the less ammo you'll need when you need it.(hey, there's my sig)

Today (Saturday).

Even though I have plenty of centerfire components, I haven't been in the mood to handload lately. So I put my Burris Fastfire III on my Mark II and I went out and blasted away with some pre-panic Federal bulk and Win Super X HV, even shot up some of my Stingers in my CZ Scout.

I was finally able to get some Mini Mags on order, so I don't mind burning up a little ammo.

My stash of Velocitors and pre-Federal Blazer remains tucked away.

I go 2-3 times a week. Over the last year I've shot less .22 and 5.56, but 9mm, 45acp, 243 and 7.62x51 remains plentiful in bulk.

Last Sunday. Shot some clays with a friend, not a real skeet place but just with a little throwing arm. We shot through about a hundred clays, then tested the sight-in on our hunting rifles.

My one .22 pistol, a Ruger MKII is currently having mechanical problems (the bolt will pull back all the way, but doesn't seem to properly cock the pistol, because it won't fire). So that has seriously hurt my shooting. Normal I would put 100-200 down range from that pistol. But now I haven't shot it since Septmeber.

I think I've only been to the range 5 times all year. I work full time, go to school full time and have a 2yo running around the house, so time is hard to come by.

Today for 4 hrs. Shot very good even though my fingers were frozen. Now I think I am done for the year, other than Yote hunting

Last weekend the weather was perfect for a shoot. So my father, brother and I set aside a few hours and went to BLM/USFS land to shoot. Before that, it's been about 4 months due to work/graduate school/other obligations.

Yesterday,,,

We sent lots of .22 LR down the range,,,
Along with some .380, .38 Special, and 9mm

Absolutely beautiful day,,,
Semi-overcast sky with no wind.

The temperature was in the low 60's,,,
We were very comfortable in shirt sleeves.

This will probably be the last decent day,,,
I think Winter is settling in this week.

We definitely thinned the feral tin can population.

Aarond

Ruger problems

Ruger MKII is currently having mechanical problems (the bolt will pull back all the way, but doesn't seem to properly cock the pistol, because it won't fire).
Is the hammer strut properly engaged?
Pete

Everyday this week....I roll my own. Usually once or twice a week and I do various realistic exercises. Shooting from and exiting a car this week was my main focus.

not too long ago

Went out to BLM land just north of me. Got back about 4 hours ago. We have our own target stand and go out as often as we can.

Back