What's your nightstand gun?

Whatever the carry of.......

.........the day is. Could be any one of three. FEG Hi Power, Astra A70 or a Sig 232. The wife has a Ruger Security Six on her side. Those are there as deterrents until we get to the Saiga 410 bullpup. :D

I perfer to use a gun I dont mind handing over to the cops after it has been used and for that I use a Glock. I would hate to use a special gun that may sit in a evidence locker for months with fluids on it not being cleaned and getting rusted and a catalog number ground into it with an electric pencil.:rolleyes: I do keep a Mossberg 500 nearby and a revolver in the other end of the house just in case.

...has anyone made the effort counting the number of entries for the most popular (HANDguns at least), say: Glock, S&W, Beretta, Ruger, Taurus, XP, 1911s...?

I'd say it's Glocks and 1911s combined as frontrunners, maybe S&W (semis and revolvers combined...)?

I'll catch slack for this, but a hi point .45acp. I've never had a single issue with it and if it jams its heavy enough to beat the hell out of someone.

Colt 1911
40FE3CD2-1C9D-4E1E-9734-8646A8A10949-11888-0000100FDCEE141B.jpg

Sig 239 9MM, Hornady Critical Defense ammo, de-cocked, round in the chamber. 1st shot double action.

Just wanted to add that my wife also has ready access to her bedroom gun, a SIG 380, again Critical Defense ammo. If a bad guy comes into your bedroom he will intend to disable you first, you are his primary threat. Given his focus on you, I'm a strong believer in having a wife proficient with at least one handgun. The bad guy is less likely to expect your wife or partner to come up out of that bed with Roscoe in hand.

MTC

This - Bersa Thunder 45 Ultra Compact Pro

Jim

I prefer 1911's and revolvers, but the Bersa Thunders are nice DA/SA pistols for the money. I have one in 9mm that I like very well.
However for a nightstand gun it's a 1911
90% of the time

The sights on the P220 are called Advantage Tactical Sights. The link is below. They acquire really fast and are easy for me to see with old eyes. They are fully adjustable with elevation adjustment being shims to raise and lower the front sight. You get 5 different colors inserts both front and rear. I prefer the green rear and the orange front.
They do take some getting used to but worth it. I have mine set for POI at the top of the pyramid. They do have great customer support. This P220 would shoot 2” low with the front at the lowest. This was not true for the Glock 21, it’s sight was in the middle shim. So I called the company and asked if that was common with P220. They said “that was the same gun that the owner of the company used, please hold while I get him”. Told him the story and he said that it is not a common thing. But he would grind down a front and send it to me. Which 1 week later arrived with a Zero invoice.
Anyway, with my eyes, the tradeoff I found were they are great out to 20 yards, after that, groups will grow slightly. Midway also sells them.

http://www.advantagetactical.com/

Back