Whats the two favorite hand guns you own???

I would vote for my first gun as my S&W 625MG 45C, cut for moon clips so it also shoots 45acp. The second gun would be.........It would be a toss up between my Glock 19 Gen 2 and my birth year gun my Colt brushed nickel Commander 45acp.

Can't say I have one that I wouldn't part with. I tell myself I am never parting with another one to begin with, but if I had to I would.

My two favorite.
1. Sig 226
2. H&K P2000 in .357sig/.40

My two favorite semi autos are my Colt gold cup trophy and my Hi Standard Victor.
My two favorite revolvers are my S&W 17 and my 19.

Remington Enhanced .45 and a Walther TPH .22. That said, a Glock 42 or Smith 442 ends up being my EDC. I'm picking a Glock 27 for fall/winter carry.

I thought this would be easy. This is hard, I like so many of them.

It's only half as hard as the usual "what is your one favorite gun" posts ;)

It's still hard.

First, I have to give it to my Smith & Wesson M67 4" bbl. It's my competition gun. I shoot it a lot. A lot. Really a lot. I bought it in March '14, and I've tallied 11,000 rounds in 18 months.

Second, I'd have to give it to my Smith & Wesson M686 4" bbl. Purchased in 1986 (It's a model 686, and I purchased it on 6/6/86 - I've always thought that was kinda neat.). It's out of the box stock (save the grip) and I just love it. Balanced really nice; handles like a sports car. One sweet piece.

Easy, my M57 6" S&W .41 mag that I've had for about 30 years. Next is my S&W 627, I've had it for 3 years and love it. Even though it has the dreaded lock it also has the best trigger ever, 8 rounds of .357 mag and it hits everything I aim it at.

Just two huh.....

Smith 627PC(first year) laser engraved. Got it with some of my fathers inheritance. Shoots like a dream.

Pistol Dynamics XO, hard chrome, fluted barrel, Dawson rail, custom Wicked Grips, custom serial number, active recoil plug.
My lovely wife bought this for me on our tenth anniversary.

Last edited:
Easy for me. .45 Colt Ruger 5 1/2" Flattop blued BH, and .44 Spec 5 1/2" Flattop blued BH. No contest and in that order. And if the question was three ... Add the .357 5 1/2" Flattop blued BH.... Not that I don't shoot any other Single Actions chambered with different cartridges... Oh, and there is my favorite BP revolver ... the Ruger Old Army which I have to get out a few times a year. Never felt any draw to the double action revolvers or the semi-autos.

Gotta run with:

4.2" Ruger Redhawk in .45 colt

and

6" Witness Steel Longslide Hunter in 10mm auto.

D-Ric, I love your C-Bob.... chambering? I'd trade a small appendage for that one in 9x19mm.

Last edited:
4.2" SP101 in .357 mag is my clear favorite.

Ruger mark III in .22 is probably my second, but I don't own all that man hand guns.

Been thinking about this, I think I've finally narrowed it down.

1. My safe queen 1961 Python. 6" and Royal Blue, it's easily the nicest firearm I own.

2. S&W M&P 40 that's currently sporting a TLRs and sitting in my duty rig. My favorite poly striker firearm ever, it's my daily goto.

All of mine are compacts in .380 Auto or 9x18 Makarov.
Very hard decision! The Sig 232 and either a Polish P-83, or the East German Makarov.

If we exclude the easiest carry size (thickness), the Czech CZ-82.

Hard choices.

S&W Model 17 (6"). I probably shoot that more than all others, combined.

S&W Model 10. Everything you need, nothing you don't in a revolver.

Colt Detective Special. Because six rounds.

S&W 6946, for when self-littering guns are a good idea.

Back