Whats the two favorite hand guns you own???

10659453_10206905679822845_9180100784558223326_n_zps77rsbmko.jpg

11781763_10207091670952507_2983527354605809328_n_zpsgk1uozsc.jpg

Hey WC145 those sure are some big guns you got there.
Yeah. Google changed something with their picture hosting now the pics are huge, I'm trying to figure how to get them back to the size the were.:mad:

ETA: Fixed!! I'm pretty sure I didn't do it on my own, though.:o Thanks, administrators, for the help.

Last edited:
That's an easy one for me,,,

Hands down my favorite two handguns are:

My S&W Model 15/18 Pair of revolvers,,,
StellaDidiWood.jpg

And my CZ-75B/Kadet pair of semi-auto's,,,
czechs.jpg

I know the OP asked for two handguns,,,
But I consider these pairs to be one discrete entity.

My S&W revolvers seem like they were made for my hand,,,
They balance perfectly and seem to aim themselves.

My CZ pistols feel the same,,,
They are the one full size pistol that I grip well.

All of my other handguns are either,,,
Truly valued possessions,,,
Slick/fun range toys,,,
Or carry guns.

No doubt in my mind of this choice.

Aarond

Favorite and "never sell" are two different things in my safe. I have some heirloom guns that are priceless due to their sentimental value. I will never sell them and they would serve adequately for SD if they were all I had.

One is an FN baby browning that my great uncle gave to his wife after some lowlife threatened her. (He was the sheriff at the time.) The other is a heavily engraved .44 spl that my grandfather carried as a deputy. (Different side of the family, different state.)

My favorite gun that I've ever bought is a WWII Remington Rand. Somehow it feels lighter and slimmer in my hand than modern .45s and it's every bit as accurate as my Ruger SR. The other favorite is my Ruger Single Six convertible. My dad bought it for me when I was in high school and it's the gun I've owned longer than any other.

My BHP has been with me longer than my wife of 30 years. .45 New Vacquero with cowboy loads is my most fun to shoot.

I don't suppose I've got any "favorites" and the two I'll say I'll never sell, are guns I don't particularly care for myself and never use.

One is a Ruger Single-Six that is actually my wife's first gun. She says she'll never sell it, so I guess it will never get sold. Maybe that one doesn't count.

The other is a Sears-Roebuck 12 ga. shotgun that belonged to my father. The gun didn't mean much to him, it was just a turkey shoot gun, and I don't ever recall seeing it in his hands, so I don't have any particular memories of it. When he died my mother said, "You might as well have this."

I've also got a Thompson/Center "Seneca" muzzle-loader, in .36 Caliber that actually belongs to a woman I used to work with. About twenty-five or so years ago, she loaned it to me. I tried to give it back to her a couple of times, but she told me "Just keep it. I'll let you know when I want it back." I've lost track of her since I retired, and so did she. No idea where she is these days. I suppose she doesn't want it back, but I guess I'll keep it just in case.

But I guess we all like pictures. So, of the ones that are "mine" and that I like best, I'll say.

Smith & Wesson Model 28-2 from 1970. Haven't had this one long, but have owned another one years ago. In spite of the aftermarket grips, I don't believe it had ever been fired when I got it. It now wears a set of period Magna stocks, and a BK grip adapter.

And I just got this one Friday. Still haven't fired it, and again, I don't think anyone has before me. Like the other one, it had the original box and paperwork with it. I added the BK grip adapter.

Model 13-3 from 1987.

Last edited:
Well by favorite you mean always seem to be in the range bag on every trip. I'll say my 30 carbine Blackhawk and my 1917 Nagant revolver. I love the carbine, flat shooting and low recoil. And I'm not sure on the Nagant, I just like it.

I came up with one of my top two. Figuring out #2 might take awhile;-)

Attachments

• 210  Tgt..jpg
    210 Tgt..jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 42
Back