What's more fun - revolvers or semi-autos?

I used to love shooting my semi autos but one day I was messing around and started shooting some of my revolvers in DA and now I'm hooked. I'd say I spend about 80 percent of my time shooting handguns at the range with my revolvers now only in DA.

Historically, I've always enjoyed semis more, but my LCR is gaining ground fast. It seems to get more enjoyable very time I shoot it!

This is the most interesting question I've seen in quite some time. It can be over analyzed to ask; plinking, target shooting, competing or self defense? Then you have rimfire or centerfire? We already covered the high speed, high capacity questions a bit. Anyhow, to no further babble about the dozens of handguns I've shot over the last forty some years: The most fun handgun I've ever shot is my Ruger Single Six 6.5" in 22lr.

I picked up a Heritage Rough Rider 22lr with 6.5" barrel and while it's no Ruger or S&W, I gotta admit it's a hoot to shoot. With this SA 6 shooter, I'm consuming ammo faster than with the semi-auto I have...all in the name of fun!

Overall I find both a lot of fun, it is hard to pick a favorite.

Accuracy is fun so my 1911 and CZ 75B are my best, but a good medium or large framed revolver is a close 2nd.

Some guns aren't too fun to shoot. Try shooting .357mag out of a small framed revolver, or an LCP with no real sights to speak of at any distance, or...

Others are just inherently fun. A 1911, a .45LC revolver, full house .357mag out of a gun that is big and heavy enough to really handle it. After some time at the range with these, my face ends up looking something like this for the next few hours :D

Definitely less stress with brass for a revolver. I do prefer my semi autos but hate brass chasing with a passion. I really enjoy shooting my 44 mag super redhawk with 9.5" barrel. I might even like a 357 with around a 6" or so.

Why not ask a highly subjective question?
If it goes bang, I enjoy shooting it. In fact, if it shoots, I enjoy using it - bows n arrows, slingshots, Airguns.
Truth be told, my most fun gun is a single shot Muzzleloading pistol...50 cal underhammer.
Pete

It depends on the gun and the reason for enjoyment. my .45 Blackhawk is the most fun because its the gun I'm most accurate with, but my S&W 4566 is more fun when it comes to banging out rounds fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, I guess it depends on the gun and situation

Full sized centerfire, its a draw
Compact centerfire, another draw
Concealed carry, yup, a draw
.22, autoloader, but only because my High Standard Double Nine isn't a S&W 617. Once I find a Smith it'll probably be another draw

The only time for me a revolver wins hands down is when I haven't cut my grass at my range recently. I find my brass retrieval is only 60% successful with an auto then.

I have quite a few guns, but I only have one revolver. I shoot it once in a blue moon. I just find semi-autos more fun to shoot.

I probably have more "fun" with revolvers, because my expectations are lower than when I shoot autos.
I'm not as good with the DA trigger, not as good with reloads, so I can relax and accept my middling performance.

My go-to "fun" guns are a M&P 1905 that belonged to my grandfather, and to his uncle before that; and a Thunder Ranch M22.

Back