What would Dirty Harry use today?

If Dirty Harry was a police officer today, what would be his weapon of choice?

• Smith and Wesson 329

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Smith and Wesson 629

Votes: 37 22.7%
  • Smith and Wesson 460V

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Smith and Wesson 500

Votes: 54 33.1%
  • Desert Eagle 44

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • Desert Eagle 50

Votes: 22 13.5%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 33 20.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd think he'd be a 1911 in .45ACP kind of guy. Large caliber, old school... right up his alley.

Or he could just go with a 629 or 327. But I can easily see him with a 1911.

A Chiappa Rhino in .357.

American made ( I think...)
Distinctive, not everyone has one -this is in keeping with his Automag
Yet up to date.
Assured accuracy with quick followup ability
Everyone is driving rice burners these days so he doesn't have to punch through American steel car doors, so a .44mag is no longer needed. A .357 will do just fine.

I think a Smith & Wesson 500 because its the most powerful handgun S&W makes and its the same make as his 29, but is MUCH more powerful and intimidating. It just seems like the most obvious evolution especially if (God forbid) Hollywood made a remake.

I think a Smith & Wesson 500 because its the most powerful handgun S&W makes and its the same make as his 29, but is MUCH more powerful and intimidating. It just seems like the most obvious evolution especially if (God forbid) Hollywood made a remake.

Hmmm...next Dirty Harry....Wesley Snipes could bring an interesting character to the role, if it is rebooted.

There is no way on God's Green earth that Dirty harry would carry a Glock. No way, no how, no chance. He is a throwback type of guy and the revolver was it, well except for his minor transgression in using the automag.

I believe a new generation Dirty harry would carry his trusty .44 magnum.

Well not to mention even an updated version of his famous "Did I fire 6 shots or only 5?" speech loses its effect if the slide is locked back... :eek:

Hope he doesn't buy a 5 shot SW 69. Or an 8 shot 357 - that would be very confusing.

Maybe an AR pistol - did I fire 28 or 30? What did I load the mag to?

I say it's a 629, tuned by Miculek, with a moon clip cut cylinder instead of speedloaders. Maybe a PC custom two piece barrel, with the IL delete. Wearing custom Miculek furniture.

A 629. Remember he carried it in a shoulder holster. Also he said he carried 44 Specials only in the later movies.

He would be old today with bad eyes,,,

Are you talking about if the movie was re-made today?,,,
As in what kind of handgun would he use?

Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .454 Cassull.

Harry today, as a retired police officer, would use a S&W Governor,,,
The man is older than dirt so his eyesight can't be all that great anymore.

The thing you hafta remember is this pistol fires a 3" shotgun shell,,,
And will blow your liver clean into the next state,,,
Well poop-for-brains,,,
Do you feel lucky?

Aarond

i have read this entire thread and havent even seen the movies, after reading the qoutes i am excited to look them up on amazon

if they are anything like Gran Torino, ill be very happy

Yeah, definitely a S&W revolver - in .500 S&W --

"...it'll blow your head CLEAN OFF - and take your neck and shoulders with it - punk!"

Not true, but he'd have to claim *something* better than his false .44 mag claim. :)

So Dirty Harry is living in Detroit now? If Paul Kersey (Death Wish) would move there, I see a significant drop in violent crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back