What would Dirty Harry use today?

If Dirty Harry was a police officer today, what would be his weapon of choice?

• Smith and Wesson 329

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Smith and Wesson 629

Votes: 37 22.7%
  • Smith and Wesson 460V

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Smith and Wesson 500

Votes: 54 33.1%
  • Desert Eagle 44

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • Desert Eagle 50

Votes: 22 13.5%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 33 20.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Noisy Cricket? Perhaps a PT22?

No? OK...
So, back when that film was released, the 629 looked impressive, but manageable. It was not a world apart from a .375 revolver in size and it was the barrel that caught the eye.

I think any of the revolvers in the poll, whilst in keeping with the "most powerful handgun in the world" theme, would be so big as to look ridiculous on screen.

In addition, back then revolvers were still fairly common amongst police, but now semis dominate.

So, I'd have to therefore go with the DE. Probably the .50, just because it is a .50....

Alas, Dirty Harry would be dead

He would have been issued a smart gun (because he is in California) and in a fist fight, broke his watch just moments before another bad guy pulls out an illegal M&P and ends it all. :confused:

Kind of a sad topic, who would play Dirty Harry?? Some things are better left alone. The 500 of course!:o

Dirty Harry retired and moved into a neighborhood in Detroit. In his older years he carried a M1911a1 and to keep people off his lawn, a M1 Garand.

th.jpg

Last edited:
Good one, kraig

kraigwy said:
Dirty Harry retired and moved into a neighborhood in Detroit. In his older years he carried a M1911a1 and to keep people off his lawn, a M1 Garand.

This! :)

one of the best "a man has to do what a man has to do" movie scenes ever, by the way, even more impressive than the famous "make my day"...

Well, no need to say more. See my signature...

I think DH would stay loyal to his brand Smith and Wesson but would definitely move up to the 500.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...57771_757767_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

But wait!!!

DH is in CALIFORNIA, and he did toss over his beloved Model 29 for an oddball semi-auto when circumstances demanded it.

Therefore, I believe backing up his S&W500 would be a California-made, gas-operated, semi-auto, magazine-fed, single-action revolver like THIS ONE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4XtVldNbO4

Read about it here on TFL:
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=511297

I have one of those ! Still get my deer with it after many years ! No scope , no rest ,one shot kills !:p

Glock....

I think Inspector C would pack a Glock 41 .45acp with a Glock 30S .45acp as a BUG.
He'd use the .45acp magazines in either pistol in a emergency & be well armed.

Feeling lucky?...

:D

At his age? I'm guessing a Model 10, Geritol, and a cane.

Sorry- ya'll know somebody was going to say it sooner or later.:D

I took other option, "What would he use today?"

Glock 10mm! Mod. 20SF. Fit nice in a shoulder holster, no bluing problem, re rust. He could sweat all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back