What was your "good deal" of 2014?

My deal of the year was a CharGriller Akorn Kamado cooker for $175.:D

Oh wait you mean a gun deal don't ya? That would be getting a set of Navidrex Micarta grips for my Hi-Power. They've been out of stock at Brownells for a long time. Best feeling grips I've handled on a Hi-Power.

Probably not what y'all meant, but...

My Canik (Imported by TriStar) M55 9x19mm pistol. $355.88 out the door, and I've been trying to wear it out, ever since. It feeds and fires every type of factory ammo I've run through it. It won't QUITE feed an empty case from the magazine, but it's getting there. It's basically a clone of a Cz-75B compact, and shoots as well as some of the Czs shoot.

I didn't have any deals of any kind in 2014. However, this year, I paid $289.99 for a new S & W SD9VE that has a MSRP of $389.I also traded my Hi-Point C9 that was like new for a very nice Taurus 84 target grade 38 special revolver (since I didn't need another 9mm semi-auto).

Just bought a brand new SD9VE for $299 at Academy today. Can't wait to try it out. They even had plenty of ammo in stock.

Early last November I scored two Ruger 10/22's and a Ruger Mk II 22/45
plus 1800 rounds of .22lr , the whole package ,$ 300.00 OtD.
All three pieces are in great shape and all work flawlessly, WOO HOO!

...................... JACK

Just bought a brand new SD9VE for $299 at Academy today. Can't wait to try it out. They even had plenty of ammo in stock.

You will love it.

You go a deal almost as good as mine and better than most.

I picked up a four inch, nickel plated, S&W Model 19-5 at a gun show for $500.00 not the best deal I've had, but I didn't buy that many last year.

The best so far this year is a three and a half inch Model 27-2 I got for $550.00

Speaking simply in money/value, this was probably not my absolute "best" deal of the year, but it made me very happy. I came in to a six-inch Smith & Wesson Model 66-2 in somewhat "rough" condition for $300 out the door.

A gun in this condition is the sort of thing I enjoy chasing down because it adds a utility piece to my cache that can be treated a little more "loosely" than I might handle some of my prized handguns.

It was also fun for me to actually spend the time finding all the "faults" in it and YET, still be able to see that it was absolutely and without any doubt worth buying, owning and having.

--missing original wood stocks (had a Pachmayr grip)
--trigger stop had been removed
--side plate screws all slightly hacked up
--scratches from handling, no big dents or gouges
--actual pitting on two spots on the cylinder (on a stainless gun!)
--springy hammer mounted firing pin not springy

Lock-up was perfect. Ejector rod was perfectly straight as an arrow. Timing is exquisite (and I am a genuine timing snob.) Double action trigger is smooth and exactly what I expect from a 1980s-era double action Smith & Wesson. (dates to July 1987 production)

I have over 800 rounds through this one since I picked it up and it will punch one-hole six shot groups on paper when I do my part. It handles full-boat .357 Magnum but I don't enjoy much magnum from a K-frame. I much prefer a wide array of .38 Special from popgun to the bitter edge of "acceptable" .38 Special and this revolver eats them by the boatload.

No clue what kind of life this revolver had before me, but I am sure that it is now living out it's dream.

I picked up a Colt Anaconda with box, sleeve and hang tags for a fraction of the actual current value...with holster, gun rug, speed loader and brass and ammo.:D:D:D:D:D:D

I managed to get in on the Bud's CX4 carbine discount, $619 cash for the 92fs version. The local stores were pricing them at $800 so I was thrilled.

I managed to get in on the Bud's CX4 carbine discount, $619 cash for the 92fs version. The local stores were pricing them at $800 so I was thrilled.

Edit: I know its the handgun section, but still a deal. It's basically a big handgun.:p

Back