What was your "good deal" of 2014?

A consecutively numbered pair of lightly used .38-40 single actions for $600, shipped.

Three Pietta 1858 C&B revolvers from Cabela's that I bought on sale for $176.94 ea, shipped (normally ~$320 ea)... but they only charged me for two. I called them, not once, but twice, and both times was told we were square. So... they really only cost me $117.96 ea, AND they each came with a free "starter kit", consisting of powder flask, balls, lube, capper, powder measure, nipple wrench, and lubed wads that normally sells for about $75, but can usually be had for much less - currently, they're on sale for $29.88 ea.

Had a number of "good deal" buys in 2014. The best was probably an MAB PAP F1 for $1,695.

Got a NIB Benelli B76 and a pristine MAB PA-15 from a local seller for $1,000 total.

Found a LNIB W. German Sig P220 in its uncommon 9mm chambering for $425 at an estate sale.

Also got a brand new Beretta PX4 in .45 for $330 after the rebate.

Last edited:
In post #12 one person misunderstood when I stated I helped my buddy get a gun. Here was my answer to him so there is no further misunderstanding.

I didn't buy the gun. I found it for him and helped him get signed up on GB so he could buy the gun. Then I went with him to the dealers house so he could fill out the paperwork. So it was on the up & up. I know better than to get involved in a straw buy. TT

Sorry for any confusion. I have helped several people find guns in the past. Right now my son is looking for an XD 40. I have found several on GB that fit what he is willing to pay. He has friend that will let him shoot his first in a couple of weeks to see if he likes it.

Nothing particularly "great" as to price. A Glock 17 Gen3 excellent to like new with trigicon night sights for four and a quarter maybe.
I guess an Iver Johnson TP 22 in excellent condition for a C note OTD wasn't too bad.
Happiest was finding an example of one of my first shotguns as a youth. Stevens 311 16 gauge. Very good to excellent condition, great shooter, but probably at top price, $475.

2014 brought me this Smith & Wesson Model 64 .38 special revolver:

m64.jpg

Minty security company trade in I bought from J&G sales a couple months ago. The gun is just perfect in nearly every way, essentially brand new, and only set me back $299! I'd call that a sweet deal, considering new Model 64s MSRP for $689!!!

I picked up a S&W 19-4 in the original box after discounts and rewards points for $295 OTD.
I also just picked up a new Colt Combat Commander for $599.99. I don't buy anything any more that I think I might lose money on if I get tired of it.

A surplus FN BHP for $289 plus shipping ( discovered it on a thread here). Shoots great, but finish is in awful shape and rear sight looks like it was used for a hammer.

Best deal of 2014

I made several good deals last year. The one that stands out is the 22/32 HE,
improved I frame. I don't even want to say what I got in it and make grown men
cry. That from money standpoint. Downside is that I can't shoot it worth a nickel.
Shoots of rest fine. Maybe I'm expecting to much out of little gun. Might take a
little more shooting.
31d42d2b918c218f86a47d4d3a443c6e.jpg

Got a ruger mark ii for free! Was my grandfather's and it's been sitting in my father's safe for 5 years. He asked me if I wanted it(dad isn't much of a pistol guy). Obviously I said yes. :)

Beretta 85F = $350.00 About 95% condition.

SCCY CPX-2 = Just over a hundred bucks and SCCY exchanged it for a new one in the box along with two magazines.

S&W Model 42 = $325.00 About 80% condition.

S&W .38 Hammerless 4th Model = $75.00. Little finish wear but a sound revolver.

S&W .38 M&P Model 1905 4th Change = $250.00 About 70% condition.

The above numbers do not reflect auction fee or sales tax when applicable. There were no shipping or FFL fees on any of the above.

A gen4 Glock 21. Barely shot with extra mags. I know this guy that likes to buy them, shoot once or twice, and put them back in the box for a while and then sell to fund the next one. I give it a hard look whenever he posts something for sale.

Friend of a friend sold me a Crosman 1600 co2 BB pistol w/original box for $20. I replaced leaking seal for $1.50. I expect I can more than double my money. I'm gonna be RICH!! YeHaw!!!:D

I found a mint S&W model 696 no dash with box and papers for $400,but the best deal was an unfired S&W 4" model 610 that a friend of mine gave me.

I only bought two pistols this year that I would call "deals". The other one that shall remain nameless, I bought new and was disappointed with from the get go. I promptly dropped it from the family.

First deal was a Super clean beauty (to me:D) of an 1860 made be Rigarmi. It's a sweet shooter and other than a few character marks on the outside, it's like new----$150

Second was a nice condition Smith 1905 4th change in .38 S&W. Also a sweet shooter with like new clockwork and bore/chambers----$225

the RAG
SAM_4931_zps8e3a3d23.jpg

the Smith (obviously :D)
SAM_6895_zpscf882e13.jpg

Back